New Dewalt.

Greg Slagle

Yes, congrats.  I still remember when I went from my old Craftsman to a new DeWalt.  It was pretty amazing.  Then the step up to an Excalibur was not quite as a drastic change but still a nice difference.  Funny part, when I got a Hegner, I thought oh my what have I done.  It wasn't an easy transition, and I really thought I had made a serious mistake.... To me a couple months to get use to but now it is my favorite saw and if I could only have one saw, the Hegner would be my choice.   The only thing better than having one saw you love is to have two saws!!  If I could sell my Seyco, I would probably get a new Pegas, because they are sooo pretty!

I started with a Dewalt and I love it. Of course I have nothing to compare it to but I also have no complaints. Like Darryl said, the lifter is a must. I waited for about 6 months before I finally got one, and within an hour it was already a part of my tension/turn off/ move to the next hole routine. I don't even realize I'm using it most of the time now, its just second nature.

Congrats and enjoy!

I had a Dewalt for several years.  Never had any real problems with it, just normal wear and maintenance stuff.  I never even had to grease/replace the bearings & bushings like so many here have done.  But then, I didn't use mine as much as some others do.  I sold it a couple years ago, when I got my EX-21.  I was tempted to keep it as a back-up saw, but just didn't have the shop space for it.  I like my EX, but still sorta wish I had been able to hang on to the Dewalt.

If you don't already have one, get a foot switch for it.  You will be glad you did.

3 hours ago, Bill WIlson said:

Is that a Steeler logo in your profile photo?

Yes, it definately is... I've been a diehard fan since I was 7... I'm from a small town called Knox in Clarion County off I-80 in North Central PA...  My entire mancave is decorated in Steeler colors and memorabilia although some of it is being taken over by intarsia projects... lol  I'm also a Pirates and Penquins fan...  My wife has been converted to all three as well although she is from New York...