First Event of 2019

Iguanadon

Had my first event, was supposed to be 2 days (Friday and Saturday) but a threat of storms and wind Friday caused me to err on the side of caution and I didn't attend day 1.  I arrived bright and early this morning for day 2 and set up.  Beautiful weather, huge crowd but mostly just lookers.  Had a good day selling 56 puzzles in just 6 hours.  I had a goal of 100 for the 2 days, so I'm happy with 56 for 1 day.  My biggest 1 day event is next Saturday.  Sold 95 each of the last 2 years so of course that's the goal for this year.

EDIT - The last 2 years at my best 1 day event I was still selling the raw kids puzzles at half the price of my signature puzzles.  Now that I don't sell them, I need to sell 80 signature puzzles this year to hit the same amount of $$$ as the past 2 years at the upcoming event.

And the fun begins!

Iggy

IMG_20190420_073638.jpg

IMG_20190420_073605.jpg

IMG_20190420_092402.jpg

IMG_20190420_092335.jpg

Edited by Iguanadon

14 minutes ago, trackman said:

How do you keep the puzzles together when you move them?  I am guessing the ones on the table are for display?

You're correct, the ones on the tables are for display, but I sell those also if I don't have duplicates on-hand.  In addition to the 130 unique dogs/animals that I display, I take anywhere from 80-200 duplicates depending on the event.  The dupicates are shrink wrapped and ready to hand out.

_Shrink Wrapped.jpg

10 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

You're correct, the ones on the tables are for display, but I sell those also if I don't have duplicates on-hand.  In addition to the 130 unique dogs/animals that I display, I take anywhere from 80-200 duplicates depending on the event.  The dupicates are shrink wrapped and ready to hand out.

_Shrink Wrapped.jpg

Do you have a small L-sealer and tunnel (or a seal & shrink machine), or do you seal and shrink all of these with a bar sealer and heat gun?

1 hour ago, jerrye said:

Do you have a small L-sealer and tunnel (or a seal & shrink machine), or do you seal and shrink all of these with a bar sealer and heat gun?

They are shrink wrap bags and only requires a heat gun or high heat hair dryer.  I did a quick video showing the simple process.  I buy the bags from Amazon when I can find them 9x12 or slightly larger.  

17 hours ago, rjweb said:

Way to go Iggy, we should put together a pool of how many puzzles you sell this year, RJ 

That could be interesting.  The mathematical algorythm would be quite interesting taking into account expected rainfall for the next 8 months in the Mayberry Beach area.  🙂  Rain (and Hurricane Florence) ruined a great year that was in motion.