Raccoons

Rockytime

On 4/27/2019 at 4:49 PM, Scrappile said:

Well done, Les.  Hard to find anything much cuter than raccoons.  maybe panda bears....

Paul, yes the little suckers can look cute at times, but they can also be very destructive at times as well. I had an awful problem with them and skunks where I used to live, they got into everything and either tore it up or crapped and urinated all over everything.  So I'm sorry, but I no longer consider the little menaces, skunks or raccoons to be cute. Another one to add to the list, red squirrels, they are very very destructive. They get in the attic and side walls of a previous shop I owned, and they stripped every last inch of R-22 pink fiberglass insulation. So I started trapping them, and when I stopped because I grew tired of doing so. I had to live trap them, my kids would have been very upset if I had used rat traps. Everyday, I would have to empty the live traps, and I never ever got any less then three squirrels per day. One buddy of mine thought that they might be finding their way back, he suggested that I paint a part of them so I could recognize the ones I released.

Len

10 hours ago, Lucky2 said:

Paul, yes the little suckers can look cute at times, but they can also be very destructive at times as well. I had an awful problem with them and skunks where I used to live, they got into everything and either tore it up or crapped and urinated all over everything.  So I'm sorry, but I no longer consider the little menaces, skunks or raccoons to be cute. Another one to add to the list, red squirrels, they are very very destructive. They get in the attic and side walls of a previous shop I owned, and they stripped every last inch of R-22 pink fiberglass insulation. So I started trapping them, and when I stopped because I grew tired of doing so. I had to live trap them, my kids would have been very upset if I had used rat traps. Everyday, I would have to empty the live traps, and I never ever got any less then three squirrels per day. One buddy of mine thought that they might be finding their way back, he suggested that I paint a part of them so I could recognize the ones I released.

Len

Agreed!  Skunks and Raccoons will also kill chickens, just for the fun of doing it.  And squirrels are nothing but rats with a bushy tail!!