Hello from Michigan

jdbcarving

Hi my name is Jim

I just retired in 2010 and have been doing quite a bit of woodcarving and not much on the scollsaw. Some projects I start might be over my head. I have been getting scrollsaw magazine for past 4 or 5 years and have done some of the projects. I have a Sears 20" scrollsaw and another older 16" that needs some work to get back running. I need to get busy doing some of the projects but kind of need a kick in the butt to do it.

I want to make some portraits, but, haven't had much luck doing the patterns from photo's. I was going to try and watch the series on Inkscape and see if I can figure it out. I tried downloading twice but, keep getting error messages. so deleted it.

Well that's about it for right now, will check out your web site and see what else is on here that may help me.

Have a nice day, and it is COLD out tonight, (only 3 more months to spring!!!)

Jim

Jim Welcome to the Village, so glad you found us. You will find all kinds of help here on how to make patterns and until you learn how, all you have to do is post a picture in the pattern request area and one of our many talented pattern designers will give it a try for you.

Welcome Jim this is a awesome place to meet great people. Like Messman said just post a picture in pattern request and one of the talented designers will try to help. Everyone here is so nice and willing to help and give advice. I got alot of help myself on here , so look around the village and enjoy . Eagledrum70 :thumbs:

I want to thank all of you for the nice messages of welcome. I am going to try and figure out some patterns, and will post picture and my a temp. then maybe I can learn something.

thanks to all,

wife is calling got to get ready to take her to the store. (see ain't retirement grand!! She doesn't drive in the snow.)

Jim

• 1 year later...