'Commissioned Piece'

Foxfold

Brenda, we are our own worst critics. I tell my students that nobody is going to pull out a pattern and compare it to your piece. I saw one area that needs to be trimmed with an Exacto knife, but if not addressed, the average person will never see it. In my opinion, it’s great, ship it!

Thank you all for your lovely comments. It wasn't a difficult piece to cut, although I've never attempted to 'frame' anything before let alone a circular piece, so that was a learning curve. In the end I just cut a ½" piece off the original cut and stained it the same colour as the backer and put a circular 'shim' between the two. Looking at it today in the 'cold light of day' and  after good nights sleep, I see a lot less flaws than I did last night and it certainly looks more presentable. I think I was just a little tense as it is such an important piece for the lady who ordered it and not a little 'petrified' at having agreed to do something for such an important occasion 😰

Edited by Foxfold
spelling

Congratulations on getting your first commissioned piece. It will most likely be not only well received but also cherished throughout the couples lives. After all the rest of their gifts are used and forgotten, yours will probably be handed down to their children and continued to be admired and cherished.

Dick

heppnerguy