Pattern remover tool

sawdust1

1 hour ago, sawdust1 said:

I find this to be the most negative site. When someone posts something it seems certain people find fault with what they posted Rather than using their suggestion or if not just move on. Not post something negative about what they posted. I 'm sure people post things in hopes it may be useful to someone else and not all. I know some people who will not post anything , because of past bad replies.We should all be thankful that people post things in hopes it helps someone out.

I feel the same sometimes but most of the time it is just good conversation. Keep in mind that we are not all sitting around a pot bellied stove chatting. The written word is very different than the spoken word. Granted, there are a couple of folks here who come off as contentious and like to promote their way of thinking but generally I find that this is the friendliest forum site that I have ever been a part of. No smartasses that I have found. Try to see through what you are reading. Many points of view on a subject doesn't mean we are arguing. Debating? Maybe. I have been a member for about 4 years. Starting out as a total novice. I asked a lot of questions and got a ton of good useable advice. Stick around and give us a chance. Just figure out who seems to bother you and then put them on "ignore". I am glad you brought the subject up so it could be discussed.

1 hour ago, Brokentone said:

Sorry if my post seemed negative. Just trying to save someone from having a bad experience. 

Bob

I didn't find it negative at all, just the opposite actually. I know nothing about starting fluid and now I do. Don't use it, I'm bad enough with glue !!!   🤣

I read through all the posts on this thread and I'm not seeing anything negative.  It was a post about a pattern removal tool, and some followups on how others remove patterns.  I think it was a nice start to a discussion.

I agree with Ray.  Sometimes when things are written in a forum, there isn't any body language or tonal inflection to add context.  So, there are times when an post is misconstrued.  So, I think it's is good to keep in mind when we read or write a response; how are we interpreting it, or how can what we're writing be interpreted.

With that said, I think SSV is a pretty friendly group, especially compared to other groups.  We have our moments where things get derailed a bit.  But I feel like we're all here to help and be encouraging of others.

3 hours ago, sawdust1 said:

I find this to be the most negative site. When someone posts something it seems certain people find fault with what they posted Rather than using their suggestion or if not just move on.

This really is the friendliest site you'll come across and I'm so sorry you feel this way.  As has been said, people just tend to 'join' in the conversation by saying what they 'use'  for doing the task you mentioned.  I'm sure your little gadget works wonders for taking 'labels' off but I too use mineral spirits to remove my patterns.  That doesn't in anyway belittle your original post it just adds to it. The Scotty Peeler looks like something I would use, just not for taking my patterns off.