Pegas 21" Scroll Saw or Seyco ST-21 Swing Tilt Scroll Saw/ Which one?

rustynail

21 hours ago, rustynail said:

I like the saw it cuts great and is well built. The only draw back I don't like is the small black table as wish it was bigger in front of the blade and not black? I picked this over the Seyco  mostly for there blade holders and the rack and pinion knob for tilting the table. You can get the Pegas blade holder for the Seyco and it does have a larger table but with the upgrade holders  it will cost you about $150 to $200 more when all said and done.. 

Before all this mess, I found out from Bob Duncan of Pegas that there will be a larger table available.  Not sure when.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, rustynail said:

Thanks for all the replies.  First off one reason I was looking at the Pegas saw was of the blade clamps and not having to change them out (hassle and cost)? As far as availability of  parts I believe they are both somewhat the same as they come from the same areas of origin for the basic parts, but the Seyco saw does have some different parts that may be a problem down the road. I did buy a saw from Ray about 25 years ago or longer (it was one of the original Black Excalibur saws that were made in Canada with the none tilting heads ) and I know Rays customer service is a cut above but I am concerned some that if Seyco ever closes its doors  ( Ray’s getting up there in age) will parts be available?

I do like the idea of the larger table but I did want to try cutting some bowels on the scroll saw and I know you need the extra angle on the table to do that.  I guess I am just concerned about how small the front of the table is on the Pegas  as I have never used a saw with that small of a table before and it seems everyone likes the larger table. For those that have used saws with the smaller tables (Jet, Excalibur, King, )are the small front tables a problem?

I have the  King and I'm not a big fan of the front of the table. And I hate those stupid vacuum holes. Wish I could put the seyco table on it

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, Denny Knappen said:

Before all this mess, I found out from Bob Duncan of Pegas that there will be a larger table available.  Not sure when.

Bob had stated that back when I bought my saw and that was last fall so ?????? who knows when, like you said  Denny :) but options are a good thing.

The last I had seen was that they had the larger tables made.. but was waiting on boarders to open up so they could ship them.. but because of Covid the shipping had been slowed up.. These tables are supposed to be available as a separate option and will fit the EX and other same style saws.. I heard this back in the first part of March, LOL  Have not heard anything since then.. I may have to send him a message and see if I can find anything out.. I wouldn't mind a larger table for my EX if the price isn't too steep.. 

Also heard they was working on a dust collection at the saw design.. but never heard if they came up with something for that yet..  I'm thinking the dust collection would have to be quite inexpensive or people will just make their own system.. ? Then again.. a lot of people also make their own larger table.. soo.. maybe they'd sell decent..

On 7/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, octoolguy said:

At this point in time, I've not found it to be a big deal regarding the front of the table. If it ever does, I'll make some sort of an extension or add-on table. Or, as I mentioned 3 pages back, I'll just re-drill the holes and move it myself.

I don’t understand why that would be an issue. (?)