Tags

Rockytime

Tags are a search tool.  You can use them for finding things like for a religious item.

Unfortunately, many people do not use them.  They are also used with pictures and you can add them to your pictures and makes them easier to search.

Edited by Sycamore67

27 minutes ago, Sycamore67 said:

Tags are a search tool.  You can use them for finding things like for a religious item.

Unfortunately, many people do not use them.  They are also used with pictures and you can add them to your pictures and makes them easier to search.

I thought that too, but when I click the search thing upper right, there is nothing there that allows me to search tags, everything is title or content. I tried it anyway and no threads or posts with that tag showed in the results

How do you use the tag to search?

Tags are used to assist the search engine to help determine type of content.  It will take it into consideration when returning results.  Also, content that contain tags, the tag is clickable.  Clicking will show the results of items that also contain those tags.  You can also search only tags, but that's buried a bit deeper in the search tool.

Tags are useful if people use them.  They're not widely used on SSV, but I use them when posting.  Especially for challenges, SSV updates, announcements, etc.  They'd be super useful for patterns.  We have probably close to 4000 patterns.  It sure would make it easier to find stuff if tags are used in conjunction with a good title.

Here's how to use them with search:

When you click search, you'll be taken to a results page with additional filtering options.  From here, you can click "More Search Options"

image.png

Then you can "Search by Tags"

image.png