Dragon sword and Shield

Rolf

I had to put it in a Unique category.  first and second place where really amazing.  Next year it will be game on😀. I have a design I want to do. 

I had no time to take pictures at the show too busy hawking the hobby and demonstrating the scroll saw. I had the new for me EX 16 there. I may be a convert.

32 minutes ago, Rolf said:

I had to put it in a Unique category.  first and second place where really amazing.  Next year it will be game on😀. I have a design I want to do. 

I had no time to take pictures at the show too busy hawking the hobby and demonstrating the scroll saw. I had the new for me EX 16 there. I may be a convert.

Hi Rolf:
If this is 3rd, I would have loved to see #1 and #2
Well done, looks awesome
I'm betting that next year that 3rd will be a huge #1 in any category
Fab4

This piece done by my friend Andi is what took 1st place. It was an incredibly complex piece to cut and assemble, I did help her with with some technical aspects of the project.

It is based on a picture of her daughters and each strip is about 2" wide cut to 45 deg on each edge, then each colored piece was cut out on the scroll saw, painted and re-assembled. Then two strips were glued together to form one pleat. Those pleats were then glued to the backer board. If you look at it from the right it is one color from the left a different set of colors. It is about 4ft long. Absolutely stunning in person.

FB_IMG_1573611209501.jpg

FB_IMG_1573611216264.jpg