Small Shop Heating

kmmcrafts

Surprisingly, not one speaks of stove heating with wood. Is it so expensive in the USA? In my opinion, firewood is a renewable natural resource, unlike gas and electricity. The only drawback is that a wood-burning stove requires more check-in supervision than unlike automatic gas and electric systems. Although modern stoves and long burning fireplaces for a long time do not require human intervention.

20 hours ago, leshko said:

Surprisingly, not one speaks of stove heating with wood. Is it so expensive in the USA? In my opinion, firewood is a renewable natural resource, unlike gas and electricity. The only drawback is that a wood-burning stove requires more check-in supervision than unlike automatic gas and electric systems. Although modern stoves and long burning fireplaces for a long time do not require human intervention.

It's against the law where I live.

21 hours ago, leshko said:

Too many insurance companies frown on wood stoves. They won't insure your shop with a wood burning stove.

Yeah ... It turns out that it is so difficult in your country.

May I ask a question off topic?  I heard that in the USA it is forbidden to grow fruits and vegetables on a site near the house. That residents can only look after the lawn, plant flowers and trees. But if a person wants to grow environmentally friendly vegetables and fruits near the house, then problems with the law or neighbors are possible. How true is this? Or is it gossip?

1 hour ago, leshko said:

Yeah ... It turns out that it is so difficult in your country.

May I ask a question off topic?  I heard that in the USA it is forbidden to grow fruits and vegetables on a site near the house. That residents can only look after the lawn, plant flowers and trees. But if a person wants to grow environmentally friendly vegetables and fruits near the house, then problems with the law or neighbors are possible. How true is this? Or is it gossip?

Leshko, in the U.S., many many families have gardens where they grow multitudes of vegetables and fruits.   There maybe some rules in some "rich" neighborhoods, but I have never heard of any in the communities where I have lived.  I've had a garden at every house I've ever lived in.  That said, I have always lived in the Central States, in medium sized to small towns.  There there may be some weird laws in some large cities, and in the far East or far West, I'm not sure.

Gardens in U.S. towns are usually in the back yard, so there may be restrictions in some places that restrict front yard gardens that detract from the neighborhood aesthetics.  I have heard of some town rules that restrict livestock (chickens and such).

Even in large cities, where there isn't land for individual gardens, some places have community gardens.

Edited by hotshot