Star Wars

wombatie

13 hours ago, OzarkSawdust said:

Fantastic job Marg!! Bamboo Ply...? Never seen it offered...is that an Australian thing? Looks really nice. How does it cut compared to Baltic Birch ply?

2 hours ago, Rockytime said:

WOW! Super cutting. It looks great. Also wonder about bamboo plywood. Sounds really interesting.

Bamboo is very popular in Australia because it is a very sustainable resource.  It grows like a weed.  It is easy to cut BUT it splinters very easily and the tiniest piece feels like a needle sticking in you.  If you get some in your finger and don't get it out, it becomes infected very quickly.  Baltic Birch ply is very hard to find in Australia and VERY expensive.

Marg

• 7 months later...
16 hours ago, courtym74 said:

I would love to get a copy of this pattern. I looked at his page but didn't find it. How can I purchase this pattern?

I'm sorry I have no idea, I have had it for a few years now.

Marg

17 hours ago, meflick said:

So tell us Marg @wombatie, (since this got bumped back up) what was his reaction when he saw it since you had always told him you would not cut it. 🤔☺️

Melanie he was gobsmacked.  He could not believe his eyes and then the cheeky monkey said with a big smile on his face that he preferred the paper version. :lol::lol::lol:

Marg

8 hours ago, wombatie said:

Melanie he was gobsmacked.  He could not believe his eyes and then the cheeky monkey said with a big smile on his face that he preferred the paper version. :lol::lol::lol:

Marg

He would have been smacked upside the head at that  point! 😉😂 then I would have said fine, I’ll keep it and you can keep the paper version. 🤨☺️

On 12/4/2019 at 11:41 PM, wombatie said:

I know I have not posted anything for a while but I have been scrolling.  I cut this Star Wars pattern for my grandson who is Star Wars mad.  I have always told him that he could have the paper pattern but I would never cut it for him, what a surprise he is going to get on Christmas Day.  :)  The pattern is by Janevski.  There are 338 individual cuts and it took me about 19 hours to do.  I cut it from 2.5mm Bamboo ply.

Marg

1882916649_2019-11-1914_22_41.thumb.jpg.4d6811c20d34b96a8b8b9bed9eb5f1aa.jpg

Very nice. I'm sure your grandson will be over the moon