Metal Sculptor Introduction

Patrice Lemée

Thank you all for the warm welcome and great compliments, you are too kind. 

Kevin, I don't make WIPs  (too time consuming) but really there is nothing special about how it's made. Simply using techniques from different trades (machining, jewelry, sculpting, welding, forging, engraving, etc...) Tricky thing is the order in which all is made and put together but that's different from one to the other depending on many factors.

I do have an Instagram account (patricelemee) where I do post progress pics from time to time and other shop stuff if anyone is interested.

5 hours ago, Patrice Lemée said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome and great compliments, you are too kind. 

Kevin, I don't make WIPs  (too time consuming) but really there is nothing special about how it's made. Simply using techniques from different trades (machining, jewelry, sculpting, welding, forging, engraving, etc...) Tricky thing is the order in which all is made and put together but that's different from one to the other depending on many factors.

I do have an Instagram account (patricelemee) where I do post progress pics from time to time and other shop stuff if anyone is interested.

I'll be happy to eyeball your works there!!!

A big thanks for the good words. I say this often but let me explain why it means more to me than you know. Most sculptures I make are quite detailed and labor intensive so they take a long time to complete. I also have to put it aside sometime to come back to it later when I hit a wall and can't quite make something look the way I want. That means even more time to complete it. And as a result of that I often feel a little down, loosing the initial "fire" I have at the beginning of a build, a fire I need to produce work at a level I am happy with. (well never 100% happy but I guess it's the same for all artists) 

I hit one of those walls a few days ago and reading your kind words was enough to get over it and keep pushing on. Now you know how thankful I really am when I get compliments about my work.

Thanks.