New to scrolling but not to woodworking

Gary Rider

Hello everyone,

I have been wood working for years but my wife wants items that are done more and more with a scroll saw. Well I did not have one, (correction- she had one many years ago- craftsman with pin in blades) So I told her I needed a scroll saw of good quality. Well she purchased the King 21" saw on sale at woodcraft for Christmas. Since then I have been scouring the internet for beginner tips in scroll sawing and thankfully You tube has several video's just for beginners.

I will be looking for patterns, tips from day to day and hopefully some day I can contribute to the forum.

Welcome to the asylum and addiction.  Fill out your profile some and check the member map, there are a lot of us around.

We all started this hobby at some point and luckily, everyone on here remembers that, so there is no dumb questions, helpful bunch here.

There is a pattern library in the menu above, free for use, just mention the pattern maker if you would when you show the piece.

Welcome

Another Tennessee welcome to the Village. You don’t need to be an experienced scroller to contribute here. Any and all contribute everyday with questions, answers, photos of projects, patterns to try, links to info., patterns, and more. It is a great place with lots of information for beginners and experts and everyone in between. Be sure to look back through old posts for helpful information.

if you are not familiar with Steve Good and his blog, be sure to check it out, he usually gives out a free pattern most days, provides lots of tips and information, and so much more. A great resource for all scrollers, but in particular those of us new to it. You can find him here: http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, Gary Rider said:

Hello everyone,

I have been wood working for years but my wife wants items that are done more and more with a scroll saw. Well I did not have one, (correction- she had one many years ago- craftsman with pin in blades) So I told her I needed a scroll saw of good quality. Well she purchased the King 21" saw on sale at woodcraft for Christmas. Since then I have been scouring the internet for beginner tips in scroll sawing and thankfully You tube has several video's just for beginners.

I will be looking for patterns, tips from day to day and hopefully some day I can contribute to the forum.

Welcome friend!!