'Bee on a Comb' designed by by Fiona Kingdon

Frank Pellow

Very, very nice work, Frank,

With work that thick, it would be very hard not to put side pressure on the blade as you are cutting.
Also, the blade has to be square to the table and the thicker the wood, the more any minute discrepancies in square will show up.
You are much more critical of your cuttings than anyone else would ever be. Those are excellent projects and you can be proud of them.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Thanks for sharing. I was told before I started that I will be most critical of my own work. Also, I was told to not point out mistakes as most will not notice them. I share this because the mistakes you pointed out would not be noticed and does not take away from the overall amazing work. Well done! 

Hendo

49 minutes ago, Fedido said:

Thanks for sharing. I was told before I started that I will be most critical of my own work. Also, I was told to not point out mistakes as most will not notice them. I share this because the mistakes you pointed out would not be noticed and does not take away from the overall amazing work. Well done! 

Hendo

Thanks.  In genera, I agree with you about to mentioning mistakes.  I did so in this case for two reasons:

1. I am mystified as to why some of my cuts were not at 90 degrees
  2. The uneven cuts are harder to see when there is a backer board on the piece.  ( Some day I would like to make one of these with no backer board, so I need to solve my cutting problem.)