Yakety Axe

Old Joe

I really like the portrait and really really like the way you did the backer and framing.  Wish I had the artistic imagination to come up with things like that.  Did you do Charles's BB King portrait?  Also another guitar player portrait.  I may have to looking this one to add to my son's music room.  

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I really like the portrait and really really like the way you did the backer and framing.  Wish I had the artistic imagination to come up with things like that.  Did you do Charles's BB King portrait?  Also another guitar player portrait.  I may have to looking this one to add to my son's music room.  

I have not done his King pattern...yet. There are a few of his that I hope to get to. Thanks for your encouragement.

2 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Excellent!
Shrinking a Charles Dearing pattern shows that you definitely aren't afraid of a challenge.
I also envy anyone that can cut with a spiral blade.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless!  Spirithorse

I was totally intimidated by spirals until a couple of months ago. I wish I had used a flat blade on a couple cuts on this one. Dearing patterns are significantly easier and faster with spirals, though I don’t like the “fuzzies” that you don’t get with scroll reverse blades. 

Edited by Old Joe

Wow,that is outstanding work.As beautiful as Chet playing yakety axe...Joe another great player

is Thom Bresh..He is the son of Merle Travis..I seen Bresh and Chet on Austin city limits a 

Few years ago.He was Chets guest on the show..Shortly after Thom Bresh was on for

his own hour on Austin.He had Lane Brody on as a guest.They done Yellow Rose of Texas together.

He is well worth a tube search.Gordie

Edited by Gordster