New guy from Texas

Crosstimbers

Howdy folks!

I'm Steve. I recently became a member and I would like to introduce myself. I've been looking around on the fourm for awhile and liked what I've found so much that I wanted to join up.

I live in Texas, just outside Waco. I call my woodshop Cross Timbers Wood Crafts. I've been a woodworker for a long time but I didn't start scrolling until 2016. I've still got a long way to go before I can call myself an accomplished scroller, but I'm learing as I go. I wish I'd found this fourm back in 2016.

My first scroll saw was an old Delta. It was difficult to change blades and vibrated so bad that I didn't want to use it. So I bought a DeWalt 788 (which I promptly renamed Lemon 788). It had problems right out of the box. There was always something wrong with it. I know there's many who like the 788, I guess I just got a bad one. Now I have a Seyco ST-21, and I must say that my cutting has improved with the Seyco. I just need more time on it.

Well, now that you know a little about me, I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all and be part of the group.

Welcome friend!!! Sorry you had troubles with my go to saw, I had 12 of them at one time. Bought them 1 at a time when I was working, cheap. After using inferior saws for so long someone traded my beginning intarsia's for their saw. I fell deep in love with it! Yes they need repair now and then as any saw but regreasing the bearings with car axle grease has increased the saws life span tremendously!!! Keep coming back all comments are welcome!!!

13 hours ago, Janie said:

Hi there Texas....    I'm from Colorado.   I've had a few saws including a Harbor Freight that I had to chase across the room every time I turned it on.   I've had an RBI Hawk for about 15 years now and love it.   Welcome to the Village.

Janie, I have some really fond memories Colorado. The first time I tried fly fishing for rainbow trout was at Wolf Creek Pass, beautiful place! Maybe I'll get to go back there someday.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, amazingkevin said:

Welcome friend!!! Sorry you had troubles with my go to saw, I had 12 of them at one time. Bought them 1 at a time when I was working, cheap. After using inferior saws for so long someone traded my beginning intarsia's for their saw. I fell deep in love with it! Yes they need repair now and then as any saw but regreasing the bearings with car axle grease has increased the saws life span tremendously!!! Keep coming back all comments are welcome!!!

Yeah, I had high hopes for that saw. I kept it greased but it had electrical problems.

On 3/30/2020 at 5:39 PM, Mimi said:

Welcome to the village. I have friends and family that live in McGregor and Lorena.I take the train down when I go see them . I am in Oklahoma .

Mimi

Thanks! Let me know the next time you come down, maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee.

Edited by Crosstimbers
Deleted the wrong emoji (was suposed to be a cup of coffee).

Welcome to our family. We are all glad that you found us and we all hope that you log on often and get to each other better. The regulars here always are pleased to see that someone new has decided on us to share some of their time with. There is a lot to see and do here so be sure and search the site thoroughly, I think you will be glad you did so. From Southern Arizona, I send you a warm welcome.

Dick

heppnerguy 

I just want say THANK YOU to everyone for making me feel welcome! I'm really looking forward to getting to know everybody!

I have some things in the works that I'll be reaching out to y'all for help with soon. Once I get a couple of things worked out I'll be looking for your input.

Hope everyone is well, talk to you soon!