Bookmarking

10 hours ago, oldhudson said:

Is there a way to bookmark either a thread or an individual post here at SSV? TIA

There are several ways to bookmark a thread...

1. In your browser: Press the Ctrl key and simultaneously press the D key (Ctrl+D) this will bring up a  New Bookmark window. Select what folder you want to save the bookmark to, or create a new one. Then press D.

2. In the top of your browser, you should see either an option for "Bookmarks" or "Favorites" - different browsers call them different things. I use Firefox, so mine are called Bookmarks. If I used Internet Explorer (IE) it would be called Favorites. When you select the option, follow the steps as in option 1 above.

3. On each response in a thread on this website, you should see "Quote" and "Bookmark". The Bookmark option can be used to save the beginning of a thread or an individual response. It is not saved however, in your browser, but in your profile on this site. Once you click the Bookmark link, you are presented with a pop up window and can select Public, or Private. Public bookmarks will be visible to all. You can name the bookmark and give it some detail information. To view your site bookmarks, at the top right corner of the webpage you will see your name and a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and select "My Bookmarks".

Hope that helps

Edited by new2woodwrk

15 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

3. On each response in a thread on this website, you should see "Quote" and "Bookmark". The Bookmark option can be used to save the beginning of a thread or an individual response. It is not saved however, in your browser, but in your profile on this site. Once you click the Bookmark link, you are presented with a pop up window and can select Public, or Private. Public bookmarks will be visible to all. You can name the bookmark and give it some detail information. To view your site bookmarks, at the top right corner of the webpage you will see your name and a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and select "My Bookmarks".

Hope that helps

I don't see the bookmark option.  This is what my page looks like, where is the Bookmark link?

Russell

Bookmarkpost.JPG

48 minutes ago, Birchbark said:

I don't see the bookmark option.  This is what my page looks like, where is the Bookmark link?

Russell

Bookmarkpost.JPG

The bookmark function is available to SSV Patrons.  It's a handy way to bookmark forum threads and gallery pictures or Pattern Library patterns.  Here's a post that has a little bit more info: