Advanced Technology

Hello again,

Has anyone had any dealings with these people?

I have sent 2 messages to them and have been completely ignored. How very discourteous and rude.

I know on their website they say shipping to USA only. I was hoping for a reply and a small piece of advice on where to go next.

Here in the UK we can only buy the complete quick release unit. With postage around $30. On the Advanced Technology website they sell just the swivel tips (with o rings) for $7.95. HQK03.

I recently had one of the swivels break. Too far in to be able to get the bits out. I tried drilling from the other end to push the bits out. No way. Far too hard.

Don’t suppose anyone knows of an outlet over there who sells them and are willing to ship to UK? I would be quite prepared to buy a few of them “just in case “

Sorry, yes, advanced machinery.

Octoolguy, in my post I stated “quick release unit” should have said quick release clamp.

The swivel tip I am talking about screws into the clamp knob. (Hegner UK call them bearings) why I have no idea.

If you go to advanced machinery web site and enter HQK 03 you will see a picture of what I am talking about.

Edited by avenuewood

10 minutes ago, avenuewood said:

Sorry, yes, advanced machinery.

Octoolguy, in my post I stated “quick release unit” should have said quick release clamp.

The swivel tip I am talking about screws into the clamp knob. (Hegner UK call them bearings) why I have no idea.

If you go to advanced machinery web site and enter HQK 03 you will see a picture of what I am talking about.

Usually they are very responsive but with this whole virus fiasco, I'm sure they are not operating up to par. You might try Seyco.com and see if the tips are interchangeable with the Hegner tips. If so, you can buy the tips and o-rings from them. Ray is a very nice person to deal with also. I'm pretty sure the tips interchange between the Dewalt, Seyco, Pegas, Excalibur but not sure about Hegner. Good luck. Maybe someone here can give you more info.

12 hours ago, avenuewood said:

Unfortunately I can’t speak or understand German!

I have been on their website and am lost. Can’t navigate to anywhere because of the language.

I have sent a message to Ray through their contact us page. Will wait and see if I get any response. (Seyco)

I've veen on their page many times. It is in English. Are you going to advancedmachinery.com? You've made a mistake somewhere. 

Here is the site I use.

https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/frontpage

Edited by octoolguy

1 hour ago, avenuewood said:

Hi Octoolguy,

The site you sent the link to is the one I have messaged twice with no reply.

I have sent a message to Seyco through their “contact us” page. Not heard anything from them yet either.

I have a feeling that this whole fiasco of the VIRUS has everybody closed down. 

5 hours ago, avenuewood said:

Hi Octoolguy,

The site you sent the link to is the one I have messaged twice with no reply.

I have sent a message to Seyco through their “contact us” page. Not heard anything from them yet either.

Barry,   have you tried the Hegner site in the UK? Here is a link. https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/frontpage

Have you only send emails or have you tried to call them as well? I see they have phone numbers listed.

You only need the very small swivel inserts with the O-ring??

Do you have a dial caliper to be able to measure the swivel? I have a few of the swivels new from Seyco.. I try to keep wear parts on hand.. I'd have to look but I think they come as a set ( ie you get a swivel and a set screw for the opposite side ).. They probably are the same size but I might be able to get you some measurements from my new ones if you have a way to measure as well..    

I thought Hawk was only the hard ones to get through to..  This virus deal has a lot of business's either shut down or only running limited staff and hours.. My opinion is if they are having to be shut down or slower response times etc.. they should make a statement on the websites.. I had some issues last couple weeks with one company I ordered from... Their site didn't mention they was running with no helpers.. but they did mention shipping companies are running slow.. but it took them 3 weeks just to get my order in the mail..then with the slow shippers 4 days in the mail which should normally be 2 days.. (same state order..LOL)  which made my order late to my customer.. I gave a full refund to the customer because it was a gift for her husbands birthday that showed up a couple days late.. She said it was okay but I refunded anyway.. even though it was out of my control anyway.. she had a special request order and the parts are not something I normally sell or stock and she knew I had to order them..

Anyway, If I was you I'd look into the link above that I posted as they are based in the UK.. I could send you the swivels I have but I don't think it'd be too far off from your $30 whole assembly by the time I pay shipping and the cost of the swivels.. Last time I sent a 2oz package to the UK it cost me $12 and that has been a while ago.. That was just cheap slow mail too..But if you want to chance that they're the same I'll send you one set of mine if you can't get through to someone.. They cost me about $10 by the time I paid shipping from Seyco so $22 USA funds if you want a set from me.. I don't sell parts.. but if you need to get back up and running I'd help you out that way if needed.. Like I said.. $8 more and you'd have a whole new clamp, LOL

Another thought... maybe look for a dealer for the Excalibur, King.. There is another brand that I think sells to the UK but cannot think of it right now.. they all use the swivel I think.. DeWalt too.. somebody gotta be local source for you..  

Hope something I've mentioned can help you get your needed parts..

Hello kmmcrafts,

I have already spoken to Hegner uk. It was them who told me that they only sell the complete quick release.

Thanks very much for your offer. I did though have to bite the bullet and buy a new clamp so I am not in a state of full stop. The reason I was enquiring about the swivels was to get some in stock in case this happened again.

The shaft size is 0.107” then of course there is the recess for the o rings.

Might be interesting to see if they are the same size as on the Seyco site. Then if it happens again I will have an alternative to aim for.

Once again I really appreciate your offer but am ok at the moment.

Barry.

5 hours ago, avenuewood said:

Hello again,

kmmcrafts...did you manage to find time to check the measurements of the pins you have got?

thanks

Sorry, I got side tracked with packing orders and forgot. 

They sure are close in size and may or may not work. Lol as close as they are you could almost sand them enough to make it work. But really another important thing would be the O-ring size.  I’d almost bet they’ll work. 

FDFE61CE-0DEE-492D-BAFA-1BCD70145896.jpeg

@avenuewood, I heard back from Wolfgang at A/M. He told me that they are open and have answered every email they had received. He also asked me for more info on your situation. You might try again and specify Wolfgang. I told him that you were trying to order the swivel ends for the Quick Clamp.

Ray

Octoolguy,

I really do appreciate what you have done for me.

When I sent my messages through the “contact us” page the address was to Wolfgang but I wouldn’t specify names for obvious reasons. Didn’t want to tread on toes and appear to be spoiling for a battle.

It would seem that their internal contact was not working.

I will re-message him and see how we go.

Just out of interest, no reply from Seyco yet either.