Hello from Ireland

Leonard McCarthy

Welcome friend!!! Pour yourself some joe and sit back and have the time of your life creating beautiful saleable work from dead wood. We love pictures so send us your first firewood project so we can relive our beginning days again. My hardest trick was to be able to make a turn cutting without stopping the machine. It took a while but i don't even think about it anymore. When in a turn just keep moving forward. You can go back to day one in any forum to see what's been talked about back then and find many useful tips and tricks to help you on you scrolling journey. Hope you become a regular as more is merrier around here. Everybody's comments are welcome and needed! See you soon!!! Welcome again friend

Edited by amazingkevin

On 8/17/2020 at 1:06 PM, amazingkevin said:

Welcome friend!!! Pour yourself some joe and sit back and have the time of your life creating beautiful saleable work from dead wood. We love pictures so send us your first firewood project so we can relive our begging days again. My hardest trick was to be able to make a turn cutting without stopping the machine. It took a while but i don't even think about it anymore. When in a turn just keep moving forward. You can go back to day one in any forum to see what's been talked about back then and find many useful tips and tricks to help you on you scrolling journey. Hope you become a regular as more is merrier around here. Everybody's comments are welcome and needed! See you soon!!! Welcome again friend

wolf.jpg

Leonard

Welcome from East Coast of Central Florida, USA.  Hope you come out of the scrolling dungeon often and tell your wife thank you.   

I'm a newbie also and just joined the SSV a short time ago. Got to say, nice bunch of people who are always ready to help, offer advice, and offer many complements to help boost our newbie egos.

Your work looks great.  I have actually done the same dragon but in the rectanular board.  I have the Bee pattern but have not gotten around to doing it yet.  Also, absolutely love the colored background on the Wolf.  

BUT, where is the Shamrock, a Leprechaun or Shillalagy?  🤣

BTW, what Saw are you using?  And, when posting pics of your work it's great to have a little info to go along with it. (i.e.; Whos pattern, Wood kind and thickness, Blades used, Finish process, etc.)  Makes good reading and helps otrer newbies like me.

Edited by FrankEV

On 8/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, FrankEV said:

Leonard

Welcome from East Coast of Central Florida, USA.  Hope you come out of the scrolling dungeon often and tell your wife thank you.   

I'm a newbie also and just joined the SSV a short time ago. Got to say, nice bunch of people who are always ready to help, offer advice, and offer many complements to help boost our newbie egos.

Your work looks great.  I have actually done the same dragon but in the rectanular board.  I have the Bee pattern but have not gotten around to doing it yet.  Also, absolutely love the colored background on the Wolf.  

BUT, where is the Shamrock, a Leprechaun or Shillalagy?  🤣

BTW, what Saw are you using?  And, when posting pics of your work it's great to have a little info to go along with it. (i.e.; Whos pattern, Wood kind and thickness, Blades used, Finish process, etc.)  Makes good reading and helps otrer newbies like me.

Hi Frank. I am using all time low budget saw. Scheppach 16d. All my projects have been made from scrapped flooring and using pinned blades. Some of the backing is scrapped MDF . I am dreadful at art so to be honest I think I got lucky with the colors.