Displaying a quote?

Frank Pellow

1 hour ago, Frank Pellow said:

I notice that a few members have a quote displayed at the bottom of all their entries.

I assume that there is somewhere in one's profile that can be used to do this, but I can't find it.

Please let me know where to enter such a quote in my profile.

Every post has a Quote button Except your own posts. After all, you are not going to quote yourself. As you can see, I quoted you.

Hey Frank, I think you are talking about some of us who have the same information on our posts that appear at the bottom each time we make a post. For instance here on mine, I have my real first name, Melanie, which Is in orange, then tells what saws I use, I have my name there so folks know what to call me. My saws listed so you know what I use. Then on a second line, again in Orange, it says Go Big Orange! Vol for Life! (Both of which are showing my love for my University of Tennessee Volunteers. 😉🥰)

dgman, Dan, has his name and location, “Dan in So Ca” and then his Etsy site’s address link. 

if that is what you are referring to, it is the “signature” which can be added by going to your account, then account settings, then choosing “signature” and adding what you want there. You can’t put a photo, and there are some other limits on what you can have as well.

Edited by meflick

1 hour ago, dgman said:

Every post has a Quote button Except your own posts. After all, you are not going to quote yourself. As you can see, I quoted you.

Thanks but that is not what I meant.  I meant the text that one can put into their signature as Melanie explains in post #4 in this thread.

Edited by Frank Pellow

• 2 weeks later...