1/2" plastic or acrylic or lexan 14"x14"

amazingkevin

Are they colored or clear?

I have a bunch of those as well, although mine are thinner - 1/4" I think.

I'm hoping to make a dust control hood for my table saw.

The rest I'm thinking of using as a zero insert for my miter saw, and a zero insert top for the scroll saw.

If I have any left over, they will get used in frames some pieces yet to be identified ;)

20 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

Are they colored or clear?

I have a bunch of those as well, although mine are thinner - 1/4" I think.

I'm hoping to make a dust control hood for my table saw.

The rest I'm thinking of using as a zero insert for my miter saw, and a zero insert top for the scroll saw.

If I have any left over, they will get used in frames some pieces yet to be identified ;)

These are 1/2" thick clear

Hi, Kevin,
Lamps or night-lights like these come to mind https://sheilalandrydesigns.com/scroll-saw-pattern-category/lamps-nightlights/

or you could make an auxiliary top for a couple of your scrollsaws . If you make tops like that you could stick them to the existing
table top and actually be using the upper portion of your scrollsaw blade that hadn't been worn out yet.

With your painting skills, you could probably make some very, very nice sun catchers in any size you like or you could
etch something into them and make some beautiful coasters.

I have also seen etched name-plates on desks with just a name and title.

You can etch with your rotary tool, sand blast (using a stencil), or you can buy creams at hobby stores especially for this (also using a stencil).

God Bless! Spirithorse Bob

12 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Hi, Kevin,
Lamps or night-lights like these come to mind https://sheilalandrydesigns.com/scroll-saw-pattern-category/lamps-nightlights/

or you could make an auxiliary top for a couple of your scrollsaws . If you make tops like that you could stick them to the existing
table top and actually be using the upper portion of your scrollsaw blade that hadn't been worn out yet.

With your painting skills, you could probably make some very, very nice sun catchers in any size you like or you could
etch something into them and make some beautiful coasters.

I have also seen etched name-plates on desks with just a name and title.

You can etch with your rotary tool, sand blast (using a stencil), or you can buy creams at hobby stores especially for this (also using a stencil).

God Bless! Spirithorse Bob

Hum. now that's interesting, cutting leaves a raw edge that needs to be heated to melt it clean, But etching or grinding might be a better way for me to go. i have an airbrush eraser i never used with lots of cutting abrasive. I just hate to throw things away that cost money i don't have, thanks for a great answer!!! and back or bottom lite is the ticket!!!

3 hours ago, JimErn said:

Never tried it, but I doubt I would, just thinking of how fast you could ruin the piece if something goes wrong

the sand paper leaves a slightly frosted edge when viewed from the side

Thanks Jim I'm dieing to try cutting this stuff ,guess a skip tooth blade is best?