Hello Everyone

dawsondan69

Hi everyone... My name is Dan and I'm a scrollaholic... 😊

I'm from northwest Pennsylvania near Punxsutawney...

Thank you for letting me join you all in this group.... I am very new to scroll sawing like ten days... My saw is cheap and shakey but I am really enjoying it so far... My goal is to save enough money to actually buy a higher quality saw I just really can't believe how much fun I am having making different things and learning more about the different things that are possible to make.. 

I hope to get to know some people and share my growth with you all in this new hobby.. 

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the Village from a little South of you on the East Coast of Central Florida.

Better save those pennies fast as you will want to get a decent saw as soon as possible.  This is a great hobby but even more great when you use the right tools and a good quality saw.   

This is a good place to learn and meet great people  

Hi Dan,

Welcome to SSV! like you, I started with a cheap old hand me down scroll saw. In a year, this site has taught me so much and pushed my comfort zone to a point where I am confident in a lot of scrolling. No just with a scroll saw either, I have learned with a jig saw for the bigger projects. You have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips now! Hope to you here frequently and a lot. 

On 11/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, dawsondan69 said:

Hi everyone... My name is Dan and I'm a scrollaholic... 😊

I'm from northwest Pennsylvania near Punxsutawney...

Thank you for letting me join you all in this group.... I am very new to scroll sawing like ten days... My saw is cheap and shakey but I am really enjoying it so far... My goal is to save enough money to actually buy a higher quality saw I just really can't believe how much fun I am having making different things and learning more about the different things that are possible to make.. 

I hope to get to know some people and share my growth with you all in this new hobby.. 

Welcome friend ! Your starting out just like the rest of us did! Send us pictures of your firewood projects! We've all done them . Great that you are a Scrollaholic, That's all you need to start! You'll absorb so much here in all the forums. You can also go back in time in any forum buy clicking on the page # .Welcome again friend!!!

Thank you everyone... And Happy Thanksgiving to you all.. I just realized everyone had responded to my post... I would have wrote much sooner... 

I have been scrolling away and I just can't get enough of it... I slack on finishing my projects though... I'm not an artist in any way so I get nervous painting them and stains seem to no take to the wood well where the saw blade cuts it.. If that makes sense and I don't know if like the way plywood looks in the center stained.... I suppose I will learn as I go and am happy to hear any advice from you all. 

I will post some pictures of what I have cut so far and I will put them in order from my first one to my most recent one.. 

Hope you all are having a safe and happy Thanksgiving