Strange message in "posted by"

jollyred

• @Travis I had seen it, then hadn’t seen it for a while, but it’s back on several posts tonight. I wasn’t seeing it at first, then I made a post and it showed on mine, and then I have seen it several times on several others since (including your post above saying you were not seeing it. 😉☺️) I have posted 3 screen captures, but I have seen it on several more tonight. It is not however on all and it’s not on everyone of one person’s. For example, it is not presently showing under mine on this post. 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

7935C02F-98FD-4B72-9B5C-21D0F2961B15.jpeg

1CEFA81C-F627-42DE-9F64-FEDD6034570E.jpeg

580086F2-1B2C-4892-B686-17059AEB4CA6.jpeg

Edited by meflick

23 hours ago, Travis said:

I think what's happening is that it's not grabbing the trophies fast enough, so the page is loading before the trophies do.  If you refresh, they re-appear.  I have a ticket to the developer out.  I'm still trying to figure out what I can do on my end to fix it.

You have bigger fish to fry. Only reason i posted about it is it's the only thing in SSV i thought was strange, This is small potatoes for you "Guru bottle washer"!!!

On 12/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, amazingkevin said:

You have bigger fish to fry. Only reason i posted about it is it's the only thing in SSV i thought was strange, This is small potatoes for you "Guru bottle washer"!!!

Thanks for your vote of confident Kevin 😄 I'm sure some folks think I'm a little strange in The Village. 

Don't worry.  It's not a virus.  I think what's happening is that it's not grabbing the trophies fast enough, so the page is loading before the trophies do.  I think it mostly happens when someone gets a new one and that user's trophy section isn't cached on the website.  If you refresh, they re-appear and recaches the trophies.  I have a ticket to the developer out.  I'm still trying to figure out what I can do on my end to fix it.

22 hours ago, Travis said:

Don't worry.  It's not a virus.  I think what's happening is that it's not grabbing the trophies fast enough, so the page is loading before the trophies do.  I think it mostly happens when someone gets a new one and that user's trophy section isn't cached on the website.  If you refresh, they re-appear and recaches the trophies.  I have a ticket to the developer out.  I'm still trying to figure out what I can do on my end to fix it.

Or gremlins. 

• 3 weeks later...