New to Scrolling and learning

cuttingitclose

Of all the tools I have owned, this is one I have probably enjoyed the most in the short time I have had it. I will post some pictures of my first projects later. I have made some stuff like the crest from my old regiment and a  stand for my headphones. I have some other ideas, but right now it is 30 degrees in my garage, just a bit old to spend time out there. I am glad to find this forum and will be taking advantage of your experience and expertise. 

Welcome to The Village, Lance. We always like to see photos so when you get time, do post them. I had a scroll saw in the garage for a few years and the cold Alaska winters drove me into the basement. I'm now in Ohio and the basement is its home. 

Thank you for your welcomes. I just posted some projects in the bragging rights. I have no basement or would use that. Not many houses here in the Boise area have basements. My dream is a workshop or third garage bay I can use. 

Edited by cuttingitclose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome Lance to The Village So glad you chose to team up with us. You probably already figured out that the people here are always friendly and accommodating. I have not checked out your posts yet but will be looking at them soon. I lived in Oregon all my life until 3  years ago when we moved to Southern Arizona. I no longer have to fight the cold winters like in the Northwest. I hope you have taken the time to search through our free patterns and checked out the tutorial page on pattern making, as it can be very useful or interesting just to have a look. It sounds like you have already found Steve Good's free pattern  page, a lot of people started scrolling because Steve have such a nice variety of patterns as well as tutorial videos on his page.  I hope the weather warms up enough for  you to be able to spend time in your shop, soon. In the mean time, come here often so we can all get to know you better, as we consider ourselves  Family.

Dick

heppnerguy