Hello New to Scroll Saw Village

GoatHammer

Hello my name is Michael, I live in the western North Carolina area. I started scrolling when me and my wife was dating. She saw a picture with the plans for a nativity set she ask if I could do something like that. As a young man trying to impress my girlfriend I told yes I could cut it out. So I went to Lowes home improvement warehouse and bought my first ever scroll saw it was a Dremel with variable speeds. Then I upgraded my scroll saw after I got married, I got a Dewalt DW 788 I have used it for over twenty years and it still works fine without any issues. However, I just upgraded from the DW788. I have been scrolling for about twenty-three years. However, I am new to wood lathe turning I like it, however I love my scrolling.   

You made it ,Your our newest member, Welcome friend!!!  Pull up a chair and make yourself home because you just found one!!! Explore all you can in the village. There's lots of valuable info on every page. The forums have a ton of pages you can review just by clicking on the pg.#s on the top and bottom of each page.

Welcome to the Village from the East Coast of Central Florida. 

We transplanted down here from Fletcher (S/o Asheville) in the Mountains of Western North Carolina about 6 years ago.  Had lived there for almost 19 years after retiring and relocating from LINY in 1996.  Loved the area, but even the Winters of WNC was getting to me and, having to blow and pickup the Poplar leaves from the many trees on my property that fell from August to January was becoming just too much of a chore for this old man.  I gave up a fully outfitted 24 X 30 wood workshop, that I sorely miss, when we moved down here.  Currently working out of a smal 8X12 shed making saw dust a dust pan full at a time.  

On 1/17/2021 at 1:34 PM, LarryEA said:

Michael, Welcome to SSV

What is your new upgrade saw?

We would like to see some of your scrolling.

Hello Heppnerguy, I upgraded to a Seyco ST 21 with the vacuum system for it. As far a finding pictures I will have to ask my wife, she is the picture taker. I am slowly getting in the habit of taken of the things that I work on. Pictures will be coming soon.  Happy scrolling  

On 1/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, FrankEV said:

Welcome to the Village from the East Coast of Central Florida. 

We transplanted down here from Fletcher (S/o Asheville) in the Mountains of Western North Carolina about 6 years ago.  Had lived there for almost 19 years after retiring and relocating from LINY in 1996.  Loved the area, but even the Winters of WNC was getting to me and, having to blow and pickup the Poplar leaves from the many trees on my property that fell from August to January was becoming just too much of a chore for this old man.  I gave up a fully outfitted 24 X 30 wood workshop, that I sorely miss, when we moved down here.  Currently working out of a smal 8X12 shed making saw dust a dust pan full at a time.  

Hello Frank, I go to the Kingsport's woodworking place quiet offer. I understand about the popular leaves.  It not about the size of your shop, just what comes out of your shop. As long as you keep make saw dust you are doing good. If you have saw dust between your teeth thats even better.