Marquetry

Scrappile

43 minutes ago, rjweb said:

I just received an email from Philadelphia furniture workshop, and they are offering a marquetry class that runs for a weekend if anyone interested.  I was originally from that area, RJ 

https://www.philadelphiafurnitureworkshop.com/project-classes/the-art-of-marquetry

That's the guy who wrote the book that I've been telling about. He knows his stuff.

I watched the video. Very interesting and well done even tho I couldn't understand the audio. Way out of my league. I barely have bench space big enough for scrolling so I don't have any use for another hobby as interesting as it is. Even walking around my shop is difficult so I roll around and I use a walker to get to my table saw. About as much hobby as I can handle.

Watched, isn't the "packet" type of marquetry?  If so it is the easiest example of it I have been able to understand... And for the small stuff like I would do,,, my wife has a kitchen thingy to vacuum pack items to freeze.. I really think it would work for something like that....I don't know, but I would think so..

ho hummm I ordered his book...

• 9 months later...