First The Man Takes The Drink, Then The Drink Takes The Man

Tbow388

• 3 weeks later...

So, 

I decided to get out of my comfort zone and ordered a few spiral blades.
Just finished a HUGE outdoor project that covered the past two weekends.  Lots of huffing, puffing, and sweating.  And it culminated in a happy ending - it works!
Anyway, the blades came in this past Monday and I saw this pattern and it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Well, I finished it and let me tell you, that was a different scroll sawing experience!
It turned out just OK.  I guess.  I almost quit it, but went back and finished the cuts.
One frustrating thing was getting the bottom clamp to tighten on the blade.
I'll try the spiral blades again but let me say this:

My hats off to you men and women who do spiral cutting!  It's a whole nother way of cutting.   Any tips/tricks you want to share would be appreciated.

19 hours ago, Joe W. said:

So, 

I decided to get out of my comfort zone and ordered a few spiral blades.
Just finished a HUGE outdoor project that covered the past two weekends.  Lots of huffing, puffing, and sweating.  And it culminated in a happy ending - it works!
Anyway, the blades came in this past Monday and I saw this pattern and it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Well, I finished it and let me tell you, that was a different scroll sawing experience!
It turned out just OK.  I guess.  I almost quit it, but went back and finished the cuts.
One frustrating thing was getting the bottom clamp to tighten on the blade.
I'll try the spiral blades again but let me say this:

My hats off to you men and women who do spiral cutting!  It's a whole nother way of cutting.   Any tips/tricks you want to share would be appreciated.

Show us a photo. I would love to see it. By the way, I cut this using a regular blade.