1938 Lancia Astura

munzieb

23 hours ago, munzieb said:

1938 Lancia Astura Cabriolet

Lancia is one of Italy’s oldest car companies being founded in 1907. The Lancia Company still exist in Turin and now is under the umbrella of Stellantis Auto Group which also includes Chrysler/Fiat, Citroen, Alpha Romeo, Maserati and Peugeot.

The 1938 Lancia Astura was the epitome of the late Art Deco auto design period with its large flared front fenders and extensive use of chrome on the windshield and grill. The Tipo V-8 3-liter engine provided plenty of performance for either touring the Apian Way or along the shores of Lake Como in style and comfort. This model was only produced for 2 years with WWII disrupting car production for military purposes.

I designed the pattern with MS 3D paint and used 1/8 BBPW with ¼” luan backer. Finish is shellac with Gloss lacquer.

20210518_163512.jpg

lancia Astura.jpg

Another marvelous piece by my favorite car pattern maker. I have never even heard nor seen this car before. It is outstanding. I really enjoyed reading all the information on the car and it's designer. Great history lesson included.  absolutely marvelous.

Dick

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, Roberta Moreton said:

That is a beautiful cut.  All that grill work!  Wow! 🤩

Thanks Roberta, I've done enough cars with grills to start at the weakest and cut to the strongest point.  On the side louvers and front grill, I started at the bottom and moved up replacing the cut outs as I go (and I go slow) 0/3 superior puzzle blade, then blue tape everything back in place to give it strength for sanding the back. I kind of enjoy it but I had one break out on the second grill from the bottom in the front. The BBPW had a void and broke out. I was able to salvage the piece and CA glue it back in place. Yikes!