Just got me 220 RBI ( about 8-10 years old )

Puzzleguy

27 minutes ago, Puzzleguy said:

Where is the serial number ?

It may have fallen off.. I think when the new owners took over they quite installing the nice heavy duty stamped I.D. tags and went with stickers.. My BM-26 tag is on top of the platform at the back part of the saw.. I've seen them placed in many locations almost as if they just stick them on where ever is convenient, LOL 

If it truly is a saw after the new owners took over it'd be a BM-20 or sometimes called a BM-220.. Should have a adjustable blade stroke on the front of the lower arm where you stick a Allen wrench in the end of the lower arm nose and can change the aggressiveness of the cut. If it doesn't have that then it's not a BM series saw.. 

Thanks for the help Kevin ( your a great guy ! )

I see where the tag should of been- theirs two holes on the right front side

the tag in the back ( for blade list  has a '05 copyright symbol ),

kind of an odd saw -looks up an upgraded  saw -the one trunion in the back

has a hole drilled -which they cross sectioned , the base was repainted ( guessing at factory )

I think either a refurb or a return - the tag for the serial number is clean -no rivited serial number

was ever on it , but as you say maybe a sticker ( which is gone ) - im tying to figure out its date of manufacture

to download the appropriate manual and parts list -

I have to work out some vibration problems - guessing legs or some inbalance in the saw -

( i expected it to be vibration free -which will never happen on a parallel armed  saw )

Nothing is as smooth as my Eclipse 

but i bought it used -i expected some problems - maybe a future saw for my son ( whos not a full time scroller )

Puzzle guy, Could you take a couple of pictures of the saw with closeups of the bottom and top clamp areas.

The vibration issue, Being a 4 legged saw. whenever I move my G4 26 (2005) I have to kick the legs a bit until all four are solidly planted on my not so level floor. But it may still have a spot in the speed range where it may vibrate. 

I was never happy with the plastic lower clamp retainer and the replacement from Bushton  was not flexible so I made my own from some beryllium copper. 

Front tension lever.jpg

Lower clamp cropped.jpg

SO... Is it a BM series saw or not? Does the lower arm protrude out through the angle adjustment or is the end of the lower arm sit back behind the tables angle adjustment?

IF you have a BM series saw there is only one manual for the BM series.. it covers both the 220 and 226.. These started production around 2012 I think.. maybe earlier than that.. I think Bushton took over around 2008 - 10 ish.. ? IF the saw is only 8-10 years then I would say you have a BM series saw.. OR at least the highest serial number 220 Ultra saw manual..

I don't know what the 20" models looked like back when the G4 26" saw came out.. did they make a G4 20" saw? I have not seen one.. Regardless seeing some pictures of the saw would help in deciding what model you have.  

On 8/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, Puzzleguy said:

seems nice -  have to download a manual and parts list yet -

it didnt come with that -sorry i dont have a picture yet  ( its from the new company

that took over RBI )

anyone know of where i can get that ?

Here is the place to find the manual. just click this link and choose your saw
http://www.bushtonmanufacturing.com/WebsitePages/Scroll-Saw-Manuals.html

On 8/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, kmmcrafts said:

SO... Is it a BM series saw or not? Does the lower arm protrude out through the angle adjustment or is the end of the lower arm sit back behind the tables angle adjustment?

IF you have a BM series saw there is only one manual for the BM series.. it covers both the 220 and 226.. These started production around 2012 I think.. maybe earlier than that.. I think Bushton took over around 2008 - 10 ish.. ? IF the saw is only 8-10 years then I would say you have a BM series saw.. OR at least the highest serial number 220 Ultra saw manual..

I don't know what the 20" models looked like back when the G4 26" saw came out.. did they make a G4 20" saw? I have not seen one.. Regardless seeing some pictures of the saw would help in deciding what model you have.  

I for got to mention the feature of the lower arm coming out through the angle adjustment. It made it so much easier to deal with the lower clamp.

We talk about how it seems the scroll saw designers are not scrollers. Well who ever designed the Hawk G4 really made changes to the saw that made scrolling a lot easier and safer. Another change was the upper arm pops up and stops moving when a blade breaks. so that piece of broken blade isn't trying to perforate your hand.😲 

Edited by Rolf