60th anniversary

heppnerguy

On 11/17/2021 at 4:31 PM, Charlie E said:

That's very touching, Dick. Great idea and you did it beautifully. My wife loves it too. She and I celebrated  38 years together this year. Happy Anniversary!!!

Congratulations to both of you also. It seems times have changed a lot lately as so many couples seem to get a divorce as soon as some of the magic of married live runs a little short. It seems like people are married 25 years or more or stay married less then 5 years any longer

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, Fish said:

Those are very nice!  She's gonna love them. Sixty years sure is something to treasure.  I hope my wife and I make it that far, we just had our 30th in September. 

Well you are already half way there. 😀 It isn't that long from now when that day rushes up on you and you almost feel surprised to made it this far. Congratulations on your 30 years and beings as how you still are in hopes of making it to 60 years, if the good Lord doesn't take one of you home to Him, you should make it. Loving and caring for one another daily, is the secret to having a happy long life together

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, wombatie said:

Really amazing.  She will adore them and you.  Awesome work Dick.

Marg

I am not sure that Sharon adores me, but I am very sure she loves me and she is my most precious gift God ever let me have. Not very fair to Sharon though.

Dick

heppnerguy

22 hours ago, Eric67 said:

Vraiment magnifique !

c'est très parlant ! 

Joyeux anniversaire !

Thank you so much for the nice comments. Even though I am not sure of your exact words, It is easy to figure them out, for the most part. I want you to know I really appreciate   you taking your time to send them to me

Dick

heppnerguy

4 hours ago, John B said:

No wonder you have been together for so long with that sort of love,
A great gift and sentiment Dick

thank   you so much for the  enthusiastic comments. Much appreciated. We are still very much in love and both plaques seem so much like us.

Dick

heppnerguy

16 hours ago, lawson56 said:

Oh WOW. Now they are just some kinda Beautiful👍👍 She is gonna Love em. I would not change a thing. And a Great big Congrats on your 60th.😃

Thank you so much. These plaques expressed to me just how we have become and we both still hold hands where ever we go and I still we still enjoy being married to each other and are still deeply in love.

Dick

heppnerguy

12 hours ago, meflick said:

Awesome work on beautiful pieces. Congratulations on 60 years together. Fitting tribute.

awe thanks for your beautiful comments. They mean a lot to both Sharon and myself. I thought the patterns fit our life and situations so well, I could not resist making them

Dick

heppnerguy

8 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Congratulations to both of you also. It seems times have changed a lot lately as so many couples seem to get a divorce as soon as some of the magic of married live runs a little short. It seems like people are married 25 years or more or stay married less then 5 years any longer

Dick

heppnerguy

Sure does. When I looked at your cuttings it made me think how many people don't make it to the joy of aging together. 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, munzieb said:

Dick, what a beautiful portrait. Best congratulations on your Anniversary!

Thank you, my friend. We spent our entire day doing things together and Sharon said she really felt loved by it. We are like two little teenagers in puppy love. We started that way and we continue to try and put each other first in all things we do. Sometimes I get spending too much time in  my shop and Sharon let's me know when she is feeling that so I stay out of it for awhile to be with her. She eventually asks me why I am not going to my shop more and encourages me to do so.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/19/2021 at 5:30 PM, Charlie E said:

Sure does. When I looked at your cuttings it made me think how many people don't make it to the joy of aging together. 

We should be getting married because we have found the person we want to share the rest of  our lives together. Marriage is not about sex only, it should be about being with each other, putting our mates first in every phase of our lives and enjoying each other for as long as God gives us.   Arguments  happen because no two people are exactly alike or think alike at all times. Once one of us decides the hurt is not worth the pain and accepts and confesses that to the other and asks for forgiveness, life turns back to concentrating on loving one another. Being right or more right than the other person really should never tear us apart, even for a few moments. I try to ask myself if being right really worth the hurt it can cause and that  is how I try to live my life with Sharon. She is truly the most important and exciting person I have ever been blessed to know.

Dick

heppnerguy