60th anniversary

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

I was trying to fine something to make for my wife, to give her tomorrow on our 60th anniversary. I came up with the idea of making her a couple of intaria pieces that would sort of picture our 60 years of marriage. These JGR patterns seem to be just the thing. So we have one plaque  signifying our wedding and our start on our new journey in life, followed by the one of two elderly people, still holding hands and in love with each other, (as we are today).  I believe the idea is really good and per-tenant. Problem being they are too big to really find a good place to display them. Perhaps I can cut the backer board out, leaving just the figures and that might work better. But for now, she will receive tomorrow what I am  posting today

Dick

heppnerguy 

anniversary.PNG

Great work

On 11/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, Foxfold said:

Stunning !!  Something to be treasured !!   Happy Anniversary to you both from this side of the ocean. 💕🎉

I am happy to say, she really liked these. We had a wonderful day together, yesterday and enjoyed every moment we shared.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/17/2021 at 1:17 PM, Dak0ta52 said:

What a fantastic idea and great projects. I'm sure she will cherish them and definitely find a place to hang them. Congratulations on 60 years together!

Thank you so much for all the comments. She does like them a lot and is looking for the right place to hang them. It has been a great adventure and both of feel so blessed to still have one another

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/17/2021 at 1:27 PM, Scrappile said:

Okay... Dick,,, you brought a tear to my eyes with... I know she will love your art..  Congratulations to you and Sharon... I do not know how she survived it...!! 😉 Not far behind you,,, we are headed for 55 this next year.. 

I am in total dismay as to how she has put up with such a silly guy for most of her live and still occasionally enjoys having me around. I, on  the other hand have no way to spend my  time without having to put up with all my antics 

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/17/2021 at 4:00 PM, spirithorse said:

Great work, Dick!
Happy Anniversary and God Bless! Spirithorse

Thank you so much for the comment on my work, the Anniversary greeting and especially the blessing. Sharon and I both feel really blessed to still have each other after all these years. I believe neither of us expected we would both even be alive this long.

Dick

heppnerguy