Hey from Kansas!

aleasha

Hello! I’m Aleasha and I’m excited to expand my craft business into scroll saw work. I haven’t purchased my saw, yet but, I’m hoping to find the right saw soon. 

My other craft projects include:quilting, vinyl work, epoxy cups, & machine embroidery. 

A little about me: I am a wife, mom to 3 (ages 17, 14, & 15 months plus twin step daughters that are 21), homemaker, & devoted Christian. We live in central Kansas but, I’m from Virginia and lived in NE Oregon and SE Idaho for a while. My hobbies are bible study, reading, photography, & making things. We’re building our home while we live in it (mortgage and contractor free - it’s slow going but it’ll be worth it long term).  I also love living the farm life. I met my husband because we both used to raise hogs. We no longer have them since our move and I miss them but, I don’t miss the chores in hard weather.  

I appreciate any tips and advice regarding all aspects of the trade (machines, accessories, add ons, patterns, etc). I look forward to researching through the forum. 

Welcome from Arizona. You can find a lot of scroll saw tutorials on Youtube and also some here in The Village. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish here and you will find that the people here love to be as helpful as they can. If you log on often it will only be a short time and you will also feel like family here. I move here from North Eastern Oregon so it might be rather interesting to find out exactly where in Oregon you were living.

Dick

heppnerguy

13 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Welcome from Arizona. You can find a lot of scroll saw tutorials on Youtube and also some here in The Village. Feel free to ask as many questions as you wish here and you will find that the people here love to be as helpful as they can. If you log on often it will only be a short time and you will also feel like family here. I move here from North Eastern Oregon so it might be rather interesting to find out exactly where in Oregon you were living.

Dick

heppnerguy

I actually lived in Imnaha & Enterprise. Small world. 

Welcome from Minnesota. 

When I first started scrolling I purchased an used RBI Hawk 26.  It worked well but the vibrations and were annoying to me.  I then found a Excalibur 21 that was new in the box.  I love everything about that machine.  I upgraded to the Pegus blade holder and just yesterday replaced my 3 diopter (1.75x magnification) with a new magnifying lamp with a 5 diopter lens (2.25x magnification) purchased from Boli Optics (bolioptics.com)  This lamp came with 3 lenses (3,5 & 8 diopters) which should outlast me.  :)  

The other feature I like with the Excalibur is the top feeding blade (attach blade to upper blade holder and lower the arm while feeding the blade through the pilot hole in your work piece).  This is strictly a personal preference as there are many on this forum who work with bottom feeding machines without difficulty or complaint.

Good luck with your adventure into the addicting world of scrolling!

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 8:16 AM, aleasha said:

I actually lived in Imnaha & Enterprise. Small world. 

You may or may not know the city I lived in. It is quite small and south of Hermiston. It is called Heppner. I moved to Arizona 5 years ago and really enjoy living here in Casa Grande. Happy to have you on our web sight. Hope you log on often. You may enjoy checking out the other forums in Scrollsaw Village as there are a lot of interesting things to see.

Dick

heppnerguy