Blades

MacMom6

Hello everyone. I am looking for advise. Where do you get your blades. I have been away from my saw for a couple of years. Now I am quickly working my way through my supply of blades. I am out of pretty much everything except my spirals and they are a pain to put in the blade holders. I went to both Lowe's and Home Depot here in town and their selection of blades is sorely lacking. Used to be a GREAT selection but not so much anymore. So, where can I get some good blades at a good price. Any and all advise is appreciated.

I think you'll find that mail order sources offer a much greater variety of blades of higher quality and lower prices than what you can get at Lowes or Home Depot. As has been mentioned, Flying Dutchman blades from Mike's Workshop are probalby the most popular brand/supplier. Personally I use Olson's from Sloans, but the most important thing, IMHO, is to try different blades out. What works for someone else, you may not like. It has a lot to do with the types of woods and patterns/projects you typically like to cut. Scrollsaw blades are very application specific, so one blade may work great for one type of cutting, but not so much for something different.

Hope this helps. Have fun making sawdust!