Hi From UK

topper55

Hi From the UK , My Name is Tony And Thank You for allowing me into the Village,

Having Retired last year i needed something to keep my Mind and Hands busy , And so that's Me starting a new Hobby .

Now when i see some of the works of art on here i think i may have left it a bit late in life , Has it must take years to get to the standard some of you guys have reached

But ive bought a Einhell Scroll saw and various bits n bob and i am enjoying it so far

Also being into Vinyl cutting for a few years now i find the vinyl cutter is handy for cutting out patterns

Best regards Guys  Tony  (Topper 55)

einhell.jpg

einhell 2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Welcome from Southern Arizona where it is like a furnace outside, already. Glad you choose this site to become a member of. We are all here to encourage each other and learn something new from one another also. Please log in often and it won't be long and you will feel right at home. Check out everything on the site and discover things you probably did not know anything about.

Dick

heppnerguy

Thank You heppnerguy , I have to say this site is first class And the members made me feel right at home from the very first day , I have picked up some brilliant tips and ideas

and the patterns that are available  well just spoilt for choice , I dont have to go hunting here n there for them ,

Some of the sites i have looked at it seems they expect everyone to be an expert right from the start and that makes you feel as tho you cannot ask the basic questions ,

No so with  this Group just the opposite members are very happy to help .

Thanks again 

Tony

On 6/9/2022 at 3:18 PM, topper55 said:

Thank You heppnerguy , I have to say this site is first class And the members made me feel right at home from the very first day , I have picked up some brilliant tips and ideas

and the patterns that are available  well just spoilt for choice , I dont have to go hunting here n there for them ,

Some of the sites i have looked at it seems they expect everyone to be an expert right from the start and that makes you feel as tho you cannot ask the basic questions ,

No so with  this Group just the opposite members are very happy to help .

Thanks again 

Tony

It is one happy family here.. The regulars change once in awhile and then sometimes after awhile they return. sometimes we have one of them pass away and that hurts everyone here and they are missed by all. I have made the effort to meet some of the individuals here in The Village and have made some really great new friends as a result. I made an appointment with Travis Cook who started and continues to run this wonderful site and he told me, at the time, I was the first person on the site that  he met personally. So happy you are here. We love seeing our family grow and it is always fun to see how others are doing. One nice thing about the people here is they all remember that they had their first time at the saw and often were in awe at the works they saw others doing. I have been scrolling since about 2014 and still I am only a mediocre scroller, but that is ok with me, as I enjoy the hobby a lot and have some of my work in Europe as well as Japan. So hang in there and continue cutting away and most of all have fun with what you do.

Dick

heppnerguy

Welcome to the Village Tony from here in sunny Doncaster.  As you've noticed, it's a lovely, friendly place to be. I came here as a complete rookie, knowing absolutely nothing about a scrollsaw and all these good people chipped in and helped. They never thought my 'newbie' questions were silly and took the time and patience to teach me. They are an amazing family. I've tried elsewhere to join various groups but have left because, as you say, they made me feel quite inadequate sometimes. One even asked 'why would you take up scrolling so late in life ? I'm 70yrs.  What's the point ?''

Well, with the help of this Village family I've gone from plain and simple silhouettes to complex fretwork and I'm still loving every minute. Enjoy your new hobby but be aware it's quite addictive 🤣

Witch Gorilla (2).jpg