Peacock for my wife

heppnerguy

On 6/10/2022 at 7:42 AM, Charlie E said:

It's all been said, but that's really, really great work! 

thank  you so much. You are to kind. I did almost not cut it because I thought it might be more effort then I wanted to put out. But because the wife likes it, I am happy I made the effort.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 6/6/2022 at 12:46 PM, heppnerguy said:

I ran across this pattern on a European scroll saw page and asked where I could buy the  pattern. I was drawn into it at first sight. I never received an answer but posted that I was looking for it. Luckily someone responded and I was able to get the pattern. It was in a format that I have never seen and I was unable to use it. I have a good friend who was able to change it into a format that I could use. After I got it printed, I decided I was not skilled enough to make it. I was kidded a lot about  when i was going to make the project. So I finally decided I would at least give it a try. This is the end results  and fortunately for me, my wife really liked it and it is now hanging on our front room wall. Each feather has 50 holes and there are about 36 feathers in the project. That meany each feather was going to take in the neighborhood of an hour to cut. Well long story shortened, I finally got through the project. I was  not happy with the painting of the body of the bird, but other than that, I am happy with the overall results.

Dick

heppnerguy

pck.PNG

Wow! That's way more of an undertaking than I would attempt. You did a great job, Dick. It's beautiful! Did you use spiral blades or regular scroll blades? How many drill holes?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, OCtoolguy said:

Wow! That's way more of an undertaking than I would attempt. You did a great job, Dick. It's beautiful! Did you use spiral blades or regular scroll blades? How many drill holes?

I used flying Dutchman #3. My memory is not so sharp any more so I can't remember what the blade is called, but it is a double tooth blade. It is a slower cutting blade than the normal #3 so I found it to bey go to blade when cutting fret projects in 1/8th in BB Ply, .  I don't really count the holes in a fret piece as that does not interest me enough to do so. I know there are 50 holes in every feather plus if I remember correctly anther 7 in each of the very outside added piece at the outside end of each feather. Then the two body pieces have several of cuts to them. 

Dick

heppnerguy

On 6/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, OCtoolguy said:

On 7/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, John B said:

If that isn't a labour of love, I don't know what is Dick.
Super🦸🏻‍♂️

On 7/6/2022 at 3:39 PM, rdatelle said:

WoW Dick. You outdid yourself with that one. Almost as bad as the clock tower. Great job. You have a lot of patience to cut all thos feathers. I guess you never know what you can do until you try it. Remember I never thought I could do that clock tower.

I do remember the Clock Tower. Some items look so terrifying at first but when one thinks of them as 'one hole at a time' , it becomes easier to do. That was  how I felt when I started to cut this one and then as I got part of the way through it, it was not nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be. 

Dick

heppnerguy

On 6/12/2022 at 3:39 AM, Scrolling Steve said:

Wow....What an amazing piece of art work!.....Take a big bow , you did good!

That is an amazing compliment you gave me. I have come to really enjoy fret work a lot more in the past year and sometimes I doubt myself but I continue to give them a try.  I do not always post them because I am too  anxious to get them to the person who orders them and forget to photograph them first so I can share my work here. This one was for my wife so i had plenty of time to photograph it. Thanks again for the amazing pat on the bag. Glad you enjoyed it

Dick

heppnerguy