Filling Time

Dak0ta52

1 hour ago, CSull said:

Well done, I use flat black most of the time-I seem to have trouble getting gloss to not have brush marks.

I use rattle can spray so I don't have to worry about brush marks. I buy my black gloss and clear gloss by the case from Walmart. Cheaper there than Amazon or the box stores in my area. I like the way this turned out so I guess I'll have to include flat black to my list the next time I order. I did notice the flat black picked up little dings and smudges a lot easier than gloss. Just have to be more careful.

6 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

Where do you buy the pre-manufactured framing material?

I really came about them unexpected. I was at a friends house (barn) purchasing hay for my horses and noticed a large rack of the picture frame material. I asked him about it and he said his son had purchased the lot from a picture frame company that was going out of business and he wished his son would get it out of the barn. I told him if he ever decided to get rid of it to let me know. He told me to take it so I did. That was probably 20 years ago and it has been in my barn ever since. A lot of the pre-finished pieces are scratched pretty bad and others damaged from shuffling around over the years but as much as I have, I'm able to sort through and pick out enough for the frames I'm building. Wish you were near by. I'd be happy to share some with you.