I finally painted the sign

Foxfold

6 hours ago, John B said:

That's a real nice piece of work Brenda.
I can just imagine the mess, removing all that timber with a router would make :)

Yep, I was knee deep. It took me all afternoon to vac my workshop and I had to put a new filter in my box fan. Oh and I wore a white technicians coat back to front to stop the shavings and dust going down my neck 🤣

7 hours ago, bobscroll said:

Hello Brenda, Very nice to look at, Really sharp routing! Tell me... Was it easy to control the router cutting out the design? You did well Brenda! Thank you for all the imfo you gave, Bob👌👍👍👍😉

Thank you,  yes I find controlling my small router quite easy. The cnc bits are so small and sharp it makes it easier than using regular bits. Also I like doing 'detailed' stuff which I don't think you could do with a full sized router. Well, I couldn't anyway. 🤪

Giraffe MDF.jpg

2 hours ago, don watson said:

Great portrait of the Giraffe. Is that done with the small hand router ??. I have a small hand router I purchased from Aldi/Lidl some time ago but it is still in it's box unused.

It is done with the router Don. Just because it's 'different' and I only use one piece of wood and don't have to find a 'backer' 🤣  

Excellent work Brenda thanks for showing how. I used to do hand routing all the time until I bought my CNC but I still did it because sometimes you can't fit the board on the CNC I learn all my Routing from this Guy he's awesome watch his vids.  https://www.youtube.com/user/oldave100

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Thank you, appreciate your kind words. But as for the 'Rhotens' way of routing, it's great, however, I cannot cope with ¼" bits, so I much prefer to use cnc bits. But the ideas on their videos are great.  I was  a little overwhelmed when Ryan Rhoten said it was 'Beautiful',  praise so unexpected from him.

18 hours ago, Phantom Scroller said:

Excellent work Brenda thanks for showing how. I used to do hand routing all the time until I bought my CNC but I still did it because sometimes you can't fit the board on the CNC I learn all my Routing from this Guy he's awesome watch his vids.  https://www.youtube.com/user/oldave100