A New Year and a Different Project

Sycamore67

As I contemplate the new year, I have decided to do something new.  I vow to try a Fretwork  project.  I have never done one and will give it a try but it will be something simple and nothing as difficult as many I see posted. My Hegner is not the best saw for this but will give it a try.

I am also going to try some more Intarsia with a lot of shaping and probably some puzzles that have a lot of shaping and background.

I am also starting to downsize my shop.  I sold my 15" 3hp Jet thickness planer but still have my DeWalt.  I will continue to downsize this year.  I am getting older and just can not stand too long or scroll too long.  Arthritis has become my major enemy.

Lastly, I want to improve my dust collection by making better dust pickups.  My dust collector has plenty of capacity but know that collecting at the source is key.

I encourage others to try a different type project this year and out of your comfort zone.