Chocolate Labrador and a PS to all

FrankEV

A non-protected stencil image I found on-line.  Nobody’s pet-in-particular.  Resized it in Inkscape into an 8”x 10” pattern.  

Cut the pattern in 5/32” Solid Core Birch Ply and affixed to a 1/4” BB Ply backer.    Decided I would color it as a Chocolate Labrador and used a photo of a Chocolate Labrador, with a similar pose, as a coloring guide.  The coloring was done with an Air Brush using Artist Air Brush Acrylic Paints.  The Brown was easy, but trying to get the highlights correct from an apparent light source shining in from the left side was VERY difficult.   After a lot of doing and redoing, I think I finally got it close, and I hope it looks halfway decent.

For this 8”x10” panel, the frame is a simple 3/4” wide rabbeted Poplar rail stained Minwax Early American and protected with multiple coats of Deft Clear Gloss Lacquer.

Dog-ChocalateLab.thumb.JPG.83a590dbdb33a7c745164686b6833f4c.JPG

Comments and critiques always welcome.

PS:  This will be the last new posting I put up this year since nothing new is ready for the saw.  

Edit: Deleted this paragraph due to security concerns. Sufice to say we are busy for the next month. 

So, it looks like my shop is going dark for the rest of the year but, hopefully, I’ll be back in front of the saw by the New Year.  

Happy Holidays to all…I'll pesters you all with new posts in 2024!

Edited by FrankEV

Frank, nice work on your lab and all your other many projects you have been sharing. It’s not a “pester” to see your projects. 😉 I’ve been having to live vicariously as far as cutting and completing projects through all of you for many months now. 😏🫤 

Enjoy your holidays, Thanksgiving with your daughter and son-in-law and the cruise to follow. Cookie exchange with neighbors and giving them your ornaments should go over well. Then a trip to Branson for the Christmas week should round out your adventures well and you will look forward to some “down time” in your shop I am sure. Happy holidays to you and yours .  🦃 🎄 🎅🏼