A little about me

Bo Liljeborn

I am from Sweden near the East coast and partly raised and still lives part of the year on a small island in the Baltic sea, 60 years old and by my friends described as a man of many trades.

Sense childhood has I been doing some form of woodwork, from hand carving, woodturning repairing wooden objects to construction work, building and repairing wooden houses and buildings.

Some 6 years ago I attended a course in freehand signcarving and has been making traditional wooden sigs sense, both for private and businesses and its very fun.

Some time ago I found a Scroll Saw behind some rubbish in the joined workshop I am a member of, it was a Hegner Multicut 1, it was not in working order so I fixed it up and started to cut and I liked it, and it opens a number of possibilities to combined with my signcarving.

So now I have a new tool in my toolbox as a woodworker.

Woodworking being my hobbie and side business, my profession is as a teacher in maritime navigation and seamanship, and I also work for the Swedish Sea Search and rescue organization so I spend a lot of time out on the water helping people in need, what job even include being a part-time firefighter.

Welcome aboard from VA Beach VA. I am almost 62, and a civilian at NATO (hopefully Sweden will become a member soon)  Now you got yourself a great dumpster find.  Even better you repaired it!  Feel free to ask away with your questions, and of course, show what you have created.  This is a very good, encouraging group of folks with their love of woodworking in common (and other things too!)

Check out my links below, I have tips and such both in Video and blog format.

38 minutes ago, rafairchild2 said:

Welcome aboard from VA Beach VA. I am almost 62, and a civilian at NATO (hopefully Sweden will become a member soon)  Now you got yourself a great dumpster find.  Even better you repaired it!  Feel free to ask away with your questions, and of course, show what you have created.  This is a very good, encouraging group of folks with their love of woodworking in common (and other things too!)

Check out my links below, I have tips and such both in Video and blog format.

Hey and thanks

Better late when never they say, me personally wonted to join Nato some 30 years ago but our government did not ;-(

Yes what was a god find and now it works perfect so now all I need is practice to get better and all the knowledge, experience and helping advise on this forum is a gold mine for a rookie like me.

I will put up some images of my work then I get better right now I am struggling to learn the basics but it’s fun and I learn new things every time at the saw.

I will check your sites out to see what I can pick up, thanks for the offer.

54 minutes ago, Dan said:

Welcome from Ohio! I bet you have a lot of stories to tell. Can't wait to see some of your work. 

Thank you, well I can tell you some stories and maybe I do in the future but only ones with happy endings I don’t want to make people sad but I have had my share of all sorts.

I will put up some images then I had gadderd some courage to show you I still struggle to learn tge basic.

24 minutes ago, MarieC said:

Bo, Welcome to the village from Washington State where we are having quite the snowstorm!  Scroll sawing can be such a wonderful arit form....Can't wait to see your work especially if it has that Swedish influence.  Marie

Thank you, snowstorm is not the best but give us a reason to stay indoors and do some scroll sawing 😉

I will try to make some things and put up some images this weekend I having I class in woodcarving so no time to do any own work but I hope I will be ready with my gifts for Christmas at least.