?? What do you see??

barb.j.enders

I did this as a quick, non-Christmas cut while waiting for the Countdown Santas to dry.  Top layer is maple and the bottom layer is the project ply/mdf.  Cut with a #5 blade (because it was a fairly new blade).  Colour is a tinted shellac.  Topcoated with Osmo Satin finish.  

Hubby thought is was moons & sci-fi something.  People on facebook have some interesting thoughts.

I immediately thought, and still think, it is a tipped over wine glass spilling the wine.

I have some other ideas for other displays!

20231129_145724.jpg

14 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Darn i did not see what you saw until you said what you saw and then immediately I see what you saw and am wondering why I didn't see what you saw before you said what you saw.  Now I see.  That is a whole lot of see sawing.

And how long did it take you to pattern that paragraph and cut through to the end!!😅

1 hour ago, barb.j.enders said:

And how long did it take you to pattern that paragraph and cut through to the end!!😅

14 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Ahh thanks, Melanie, thought maybe I have had too much wine... Now when I look at the picture I can see nothing else.. that fine wine going to waste...

I think the answer to that ? Barb may depend upon how much of that fine wine Paul had been partaking of at that time 😉🤫 which may have also been effecting his ability to see it at that time as well 🙂though I confess I had not been partaking myself and didn’t see it until you said what you saw, then I too saw it the same. Prior to that, I wasn’t sure what I saw. 😳🫢

I see the wine spilling of course, that is easy, especially after you have pointed it out.  But, ignoring that for the moment and looking at the outline, I see a dwarf with a heavy pack on his back, leaning forward and facing to the right.  

I'm having coffee, it's too early to start into the wine.