More Miniature Birdhouse Ornaments

Denny Knappen

Just now, Bill WIlson said:

Not Denny, but I'll add my $.02.  Shellac is most commonly diluted with de-natured alcohol.  This can be purchased at any paint store. Also known as camp stove fuel.  Some might say that you can use isopropyl alcohol, but I've read recommendations not to, so I always use de-natured alcohol.

Thanks!  What ratio do you use with canned shellac? (Not asking about flakes)

3 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Thanks!  What ratio do you use with canned shellac? (Not asking about flakes)

I've never dipped anything in diluted shellac.  I apply it with a spray gun and it's thin enough that I can use it straight out of the can.  For dipping, I think I've seen a 50/50 ratio mentioned, but I'm not certain.

What size of stock do you cut these out of? I have a bunch of chess pieces to cut. They are 1 1/4". Is that the blade you would recommend for those? If you haven't shipped my Pegas band saw blades yet throw a dozen in of what you think would work best for me to try and I will pay with paypal. There are some tight turns. 

9 hours ago, ronallo said:

I wish I could find these patterns! I've tried without success.

The patterns are at Winfield Collections.  Also in very old Creative Craft Magazine.  

Steve Good has a single bird.

I gave a prestation on doing Compound cutting and attached is a PDF with the links included. I hope they still work.

mini presentation.pdf