Mack trucks

Ron Johnson

Ron, I have been watching your posts for a while now. Continually amazed with your work. Now a question. how to you finish them or do you have a detailer that you take them to? Everything looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Can almost see my own reflection looking at them on the screen.

Jerry

Hey Ron,

it's very obvious that you love making trucks, no one makes them better.

I got a little guy that would go banana's over them, would you please share where you found the pattern.  It's too late for Christmas, but there's a birthday coming up in early March.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.....OUTSTANDING WORK.

Rick

49 minutes ago, jerry walters said:

Ron, I have been watching your posts for a while now. Continually amazed with your work. Now a question. how to you finish them or do you have a detailer that you take them to? Everything looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Can almost see my own reflection looking at them on the screen.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Majority of my woodwork is finished as follows: 

I sand the wood I’m going to use for the project with 120 grit followed with 400 grit  I then apply the pattern and cut out  Once the project is glued, dust removed and wiped clean with a damp cheesecloth I then apply my first thin coat of polyurethane and let dry for one day   I usually apply a minimum of 5 coats sanding very lightly with 1500 grit sandpaper before applying the next coat letting each coat dry one day. My last step is going over the project lightly with 1500 grit sandpaper wet with beeswax (liquid or paste) and polishing dry with a cheesecloth   My process is time consuming but when you touch the project it feels like glass  

Hopefully this is some help to you Jerry  

1 hour ago, Hudson River Rick said:

Hey Ron,

it's very obvious that you love making trucks, no one makes them better.

I got a little guy that would go banana's over them, would you please share where you found the pattern.  It's too late for Christmas, but there's a birthday coming up in early March.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.....OUTSTANDING WORK.

Rick

Thanks Rick. Patterns I acquired from toymakingplans.com.  I usually purchase when they have a sale. Their patterns are the best I have yet seen.