Looking for a Tutorial

stevan

I'm looking for a tutorial for inkscape that will show me how to make (do?) letters within letters similar to this image (downloaded from Schrollsawvillage).  I'm okay with inkscape, I just can't figure how to do this one.  So if you've done a tutorial or know where one exists, I would certainly appreciate a link.  Merry Christmas!!!

image.thumb.png.71b945e9ab3f8b5670e22a7110d79dd5.png

Edit: After putting this thread in here, I did realize that it should probably be in Pattern Making.

Edited by stevan
Oops, wrong forum

Thanks Wichman, I watched the video and actually almost understood it. I do get confused though on some terms that are close in meaning but do different things. Like group & combine & union. Or ungroup, break apart and so on. When to use which one when there is a choice. I guess it just takes time and experience. And I'm getting short on time.

1 hour ago, OCtoolguy said:

Thanks Wichman, I watched the video and actually almost understood it. I do get confused though on some terms that are close in meaning but do different things. Like group & combine & union. Or ungroup, break apart and so on. When to use which one when there is a choice. I guess it just takes time and experience. And I'm getting short on time.

Yeah, me too. I'm looking for a simple glossary for the basic terms used.

Here is a link the the whole series of lessons from Travis:

4 hours ago, Wichman said:

Yeah, me too. I'm looking for a simple glossary for the basic terms used.

Here is a link the the whole series of lessons from Travis:

Thanks, I've watched and rewatched all of those and do start to get it but I just found this and it looks like what we might be looking for. I'm just starting to delve into it and I think it will clear up some things.

https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/the-a-to-z-of-inkscape--cms-21422

Here's another that looks interesting.

https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/back-to-school-28-easy-inkscape-tutorials--cms-21870

Edited by OCtoolguy