New here

81Shaun

Hello new here and thought I would say Hello 👋 I am from Ohio and decided to give this scroll saw stuff a shot. I picked up my first scroll  saw ,(skil brand)  and began scrolling January 8th but lots of stuff i need help with getting on the right track. 

Welcome to the village. The people here are very glad to help with any question you might have. It could be about wood, blades, finishing, creating a special pattern, how to get the pattern off the wood when you finish cutting something.....you get the idea. My suggestion is to start with rather simple looking patterns and progress after you feel you have things pretty much in order. Hope to see you around often

Dick

heppnerguy

You have definitely landed at the right spot.  There is an abundance of information and knowledge here so don't be afraid to ask. No question about scrolling is too "dumb" we are all here to help you succeed!

A couple of things I'd point out is use quality blades, like Pegas or Flying Dutchman. A variable speed saw is better than a single speed as it will allow you to control cutting speed.

But for now enjoy the cutting, we were all beginners at one point, so go forth and make saw dust!!!!

Oh, and Welcome!

Chris