Braveheart, again

Charlie E

35 minutes ago, danny said:

Great Scrolling and to look at his face I can feel he is kind of real.  Wonderful Pattern.  Wanna Share?   Danny  :+}

It's in the library but this will keep you from having to hunt. I added some detail to the hair on the right, his left, and put one more line on his cheek because there seemed to be too much space with nothing going on. You could pretty easily add it to the pattern before cutting if you want to. :) 

Braveheart pattern.png

Edited by Charlie E

6 minutes ago, MarieC said:

Charlie, Always fun to see your work.  I love the thistle, did you have that on the previous one...I can't remember it.  Also, you really did a nice job on his eyes. Pretty intense gaze.:) 

Thanks Marie! I did have the thistle on the other one but it was more detailed. When I started cutting it this time, I started  cutting the more detailed thistle first and ruined it causing me to scrap the piece of wood.  I decided to simplify it and I think I might prefer it as it looks more like a silhouette of an actual thistle.  Thanks for the kind words about the eyes.  That's the first thing I work on with a pattern or cutting because if they're bad there's no need to keep going. :) 

Braveheart cutting.jpeg

Awesome!  Very cool cut.  I just recently watched Bird on a wire again,, he has definitely changed in his looks over the years.

Been sitting back and wondering if we will see a Toby Keith pattern from you.  If you decide to make one,, or more I would definitely attempt my hand at cutting one.

34 minutes ago, flarud said:

Awesome!  Very cool cut.  I just recently watched Bird on a wire again,, he has definitely changed in his looks over the years.

Been sitting back and wondering if we will see a Toby Keith pattern from you.  If you decide to make one,, or more I would definitely attempt my hand at cutting one.

Thank you. I have given it some thought. I was never a big Toby fan but like so many times after he died I’ve heard many good things about him. I really love Don’t Let The Old Man In. I actually watched The Mule a couple of days ago because Clint Eastwood inspired the song and it was included in the movie. Loved the movie. 

2 hours ago, Charlie E said:

Thank you. I have given it some thought. I was never a big Toby fan but like so many times after he died I’ve heard many good things about him. I really love Don’t Let The Old Man In. I actually watched The Mule a couple of days ago because Clint Eastwood inspired the song and it was included in the movie. Loved the movie. 

I wasn't of big fan in his earlier years myself.  But you can't deny his talent.  I've watched the Mule a few times.  His hometown in the movie isn't too far from my hometown in Illinois.

6 minutes ago, flarud said:

I wasn't of big fan in his earlier years myself.  But you can't deny his talent.  I've watched the Mule a few times.  His hometown in the movie isn't too far from my hometown in Illinois.

I think I liked him more after he got a little less cocky. :) I've always said because of my low self esteem that I'm alienated by anyone with extra confidence. I sent you a message with the beginning s of a pattern.