Fill & Stroke in Inkspace

On 3/27/2024 at 5:50 PM, BadBob said:

I print from Inkscape to legal size and o shipping labels. I must change the size in the document properties to the size of the paper.

You must not have the newest version of Inkskape. When I had the last version I could pint on legal but my new version won't. It will print but only the amount that would be on a regular page. 

I have the latest version of Inkscape and have the same problem.

To get around this problem I export to PDF.  Open in Acrobat and I have to make sure the "Choose paper source by PDF paper size" is clicked.

I occasionally have objects that don't print and I do the same thing and they are there.  Bug in Inkscape communicating with printer driver. (so I was told)

Don, that’s exactly what I want to do, as previously stated I need to help my eyes a bit and felt that if I darken the fill a bit and use a Red stroke, just slightly widened it would do the job.

I have done exactly what you did only I used the posited pdf from Russ, imported in to Inkspace, highlighted the pattern, did trace bitmap, nothing happened, and I can’t adjust the fill and stoke, it’s so frustrating.

5 hours ago, Insane Dust Maker said:

Don, that’s exactly what I want to do, as previously stated I need to help my eyes a bit and felt that if I darken the fill a bit and use a Red stroke, just slightly widened it would do the job.

I have done exactly what you did only I used the posited pdf from Russ, imported in to Inkspace, highlighted the pattern, did trace bitmap, nothing happened, and I can’t adjust the fill and stoke, it’s so frustrating.

Insane Don :) A couple of questions:

1. do you have "live preview" selected? If so then:

2. do you get an image in the preview window?

3. what "detection mode" are you using?

4. can you give us a screen shot of your settings?

Edited by Wichman

2 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

Can you see the screen shot above?

I have live pretty view clicked.

I am using the defaults.

Brightness detection 4.5.

don in brooklin, Insane dust maker's real name is also Don, and the message was for him. While playing around with the settings on Inkscape I found that if the "brightness detection" is set at zero, no live preview will show, so I was wondering about his settings. :)

HI Don, here's my screen shot I'm using ver 1.0 0f Inkspace apparently that's the only version that works reasonably well on Mac Catalina 10.15.7. I'm no tech wizard and to some extent technology challenged, but in my mind there's something broke between Apple and Inkspace. This is a huge problem for me going forward in scrolling because I have to change the fill and stroke and fill to help while cutting.Screenshot2024-04-02at09_31_58.thumb.png.8d284a6993d73acbbb9d509ea45264c9.png

Hi Don,

from what I can understand there are a number of issues that needs to be resolved somehow.

Firstly the pattern I imported from Russ’s site into One Drive is very soft, not sharp and crisp.

Microsoft in their infinete has decided that the One Drive on my Mac irunning Catalina is not compatible and removed One Drive (nice guys got a back up).

The later versions of Inkspace don’t run on Catalina, so I have asked the Inkspace Forum as to which version will run on Catalina and where do I find it.

I used the pattern you sent me and Trace Bitmap did not work neither did Fill and Stroke, so I’m basically back to square one.

The numbers on top of the pattern I did the screen shot of was from mail, because Inkspace and Apple IOS just don’t talk to each other.

But I will keep trying to figure it out, Idont know if it has to do with the import, or the pattern is not accessible, I just don’t know.