Yellow Folks

dust4tears

I am dust4tears. I am a novice scroller. I have had my scroll for a while and I got discouraged. Now I am back at it.....and doing decent.

I like making signs (routed), I like Pyrography, and a whole lot of other things.

I would really like to learn how to make Patterns. I watched the youtube videos from here all day yesterday.....and still wasnt able to make a darn pattern.

I live in Grand Junction, Co, (west Colorado). When I am not dilly-dallin' with wood, I am fishing or riding my scooter~

Go Broncos~

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say I am a pattern designer equal to many of those here in our little village, yet I do dabble in pattern design, and sometimes even pull off a good usuable pattern, Travis is and excellent teacher on both Gimp and Inkscape, I like that when I forget a step sometimes four, I can always come back to the village and take a refresher course. I have learned that the better the orginal picture the easier it is to pull a pattern, and likewise the opposite is true the poorer the quality of the orginal the greater difficulty it is to pull a good pattern.

At the art festivals people are forever bringing me small poor quality photos of pet Fido or Uncle Bobby Joe, sometimes as I have learned you just have to say no. For instance at a Tulsa Oklahoma show recently a customer brought me a small photo of a favorite pet that passed ( my favorite subject matter) however in this case the photo was faded, the lawn gave the picture a dark background, so that her dog blended in with the background, try as I might I just couldn't pull a usuable pattern from the picture...