Hi, My name is Dave.

revdave

I have been scrolling for about a year and I love it. Would rather scroll than watch TV. I'm not great, but I'm getting better all the time. I am a retired minister, so I have time on my hands. I enjoy giving away the stuff that I make. My wife and I spend Jan and Feb in Mesa, AZ at Val Vista Village. They have a nice shop and some great guys that taught me a lot. I do have a problem now that I'm hoping you can help me with. I am having trouble holding my small blades in my lower blade holder. My saw is a DeWalt and is about a year old. Could something be worn out? Is there a trick to this that I am not aware of? Larger blades are no problem.

Hi Dave

Welcome to the village.

I used to the occasional blade slip out so I started running each blade against a sander to remove any grease.  My sanding staion is within arms read. Can't recall when last blade slipped out.

I know there are some out there who dip ends in alcohol too.

I have an EX-21 so Dewalt maybe differnet. 

Don

Welcome Mr Dave,

you'll love this club so much i garantee it! Everythin i learned about scrolling i learned here.Time and agravation was saved finding ouit the short cuts availiable to scrollers.Machine repairs are easy and quick with help mfrom our loyal members.Any way we can help give us a hollar.more than a hand fullof members will arrive to set you straight or get you out of a jam.open your own gallery tosave patterns and save your photos of your works  for allto see.Thanks for joining! Have fun !

Hi Dave welcome to the Village.  I'm Marg from Australia.  I have a DeWalt  and if I have a problem with a blade slipping out I take out the screw and just give it a  light sand and also run the sandpaper up and down on the opposite side.  Plus when I need a new blade I rub the ends over with sandpaper and just to had a little overkill I dip the ends in alcohol too.  Problem solved for at least 6 months or more.

Marg

• 2 weeks later...

I would have suggested the same thing as  Marg. It is possible for the hex head screw on the opposite side of the thumb screw tightener to need to be readjusted. This is the part that Marg is talking about..If the top of the blade stays intact and the bottom part comes out..see how the top hex screw is located in the space opposite the top thumb screw and adfust the lower hex screw accordingly

Heppnerguy