6/13 It's so quiet..............what is everyone up to?

Christina

Wow it is that time of year again isn't it! Graduation...........new possibilities and lives starting with bright promises. Busy busy Clayton lol. I have to say I'm glad it's you and not me! I can handle shop clean up but graduation parties I can do without hehe.

Well that sounds like fun Blame..........I had planned to cook out today but it's raining yet again. So guess I'll fry the chicken instead...........spicy! MMMM that sounds better anyway lol. I hope you get a chance to work on your table saw today. Have fun!

I think I've decided today is going to be a quiet day for me. I'm going to finish my book and munch some popcorn........maybe watch some old movies and just generally veg out.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Christina

Hi All:

Well...It's been raining here for a week! To say it's been crappy would be a gross understatement. In between burning and working on patterns I thought I would play around with Sketch-Up. Not to diffulcult once you get the basics down. Here's a couple of things I designed using the program.

[attachment=1]ranchweb2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]scrollsaw2.png[/attachment]

Very cool Vector. Do you have a link to the program's website. Would love to check that out.

Sounds alot like what I'm doing today Christina. Lately been busy with work and we have just recently begun doing paranormal investigations. Been out in Gettysburg frequently and then home to analyze the photographs. It's been quite the adventure. I've also been working on some patterns of family members and attending quite a few parties recently.

Today is the quiet day. Donna is working on her tan up on the hill since we finally have a beautiful sunny day.

Barry

That is way cool Vector.........I never could get the hang of it enough to make anything lolol. You did great. It's fun to play with one way or the other.

Paranormal investigations..............cool! I love stuff like that Barry. I keep telling y'all I'm the weirdo in my family roflmbo! I did some recordings in my father in laws house........I kept hearing weird noises and voices and I KNOW his dead wife was haunting the place! Got some voices but you can't really make out what they say real clear. Kept hearing someone walking up and down the stairs..........things dropping down the stairs etc... and no one there but me and the babies. It was pretty interesting stuff anyway.

Christina

Been cleaning up shop, been without computer since last Tues, really miss it hopefully by wed or thurs I will be back in business. It will take some time to reinstall everything, since it would not let me back up anything. They found more problems with it, then first thought. So I am able to get more things done, LOL Edward

LOL Travis............you'd never guess!

I know just what you mean Edward.........it's amazing how much stuff gets done when you don't have your computer to help you procrastinate! Hopefully you'll get it back in great shape soon.

I hope you'll share your portraits when you get them done Rich...........we'd love to see them.

Christina

I gotta ask what the heck you do for a living!? :shock:

Actually Travis, what I do for a living has nothing to do with the paranormal. I'm a store manager for a Lenscrafters as well as a certified optician. Been with the company for 23 years, and will hopefully retire from there.

The paranormal thing is turning out to be quite interesting. I always wanted to believe in ghosts and such and have recently had the opportunity (now that I'm with Donna) to spend a great deal of time in and around Gettysburg. I've got some great pics that I'll have to upload to my webshots account and post a link for everyone to check it out. We've hooked up recently with a couple of paranormal investigation teams and hopefully will be going on an actual investigation with them to a private residence very soon.

Paranormal investigations..............cool! I love stuff like that Barry. I keep telling y'all I'm the weirdo in my family roflmbo! I did some recordings in my father in laws house........I kept hearing weird noises and voices and I KNOW his dead wife was haunting the place! Got some voices but you can't really make out what they say real clear. Kept hearing someone walking up and down the stairs..........things dropping down the stairs etc... and no one there but me and the babies. It was pretty interesting stuff anyway.

That's the way it usually works Christina. Unfortunately it's difficult to get a real clear recording that can be identified perfectly. Most of them after careful analysis turn out to be random background noise.

Thanks for the link Vector, gonna have to check that out.

Barry

Yep Barry..........I've always had weird stuff happen to me. Seeing and hearing things or dreaming things and, well, let's just say everyone thinks I'm off my rocker.........including me at times lol. I watched the movie White Noise and saw the link listed for that particular kind of investigation. That's when I bought the recorder and tried it for myself. I just followed directions and you can clearly hear a word or two...........but there was no one else there but me and my niece and nephew who were babies and asleep at the time. TV was off. It was pretty cool. I've always thought I would love to do some of the investigations I've seen on TV of the old old places. I would love to see your pictures. My husband thinks I'm nuts lolol.

See Travis, lol, I told you you would never guess!

Christina

As promised, here is the link to my Webshots Paranormal album: 2273381260101840194iGMFdg_th.jpg

Show these images to your husband Christina. He may not think you are so nuts. None of what you see in the pictures was visible to any of us at the time the images were taken.

I've always thought I would love to do some of the investigations I've seen on TV of the old old places.

The investigators on the TV shows are legit, but remember, the network only makes money if people watch, and people only watch if cool stuff happens. Those shows are the professional wrestling of ghost hunting. They are real investigations, but much of what is seen is fabricated for the audience. If you have a Digital Voice Recorder and a digital camera, you have the basics to explore the paranormal. Enjoy

barry

Those are fabulous photos Barry. My husband thought they were pretty cool too........but, he still says until he sees some for his self he doesn't believe lol. One of these days I'll have to take him to a cemetary and see what we can come up with........maybe then he'll believe it.

Thanks so much for sharing these with us. I really enjoyed looking........wish I could go with y'all!

Christina

Well come on out Christina, we would love to have you. It's only 1225 miles and 19 1/4 hours or so to get here.

Cemeteries are great places. Just keep in mind that most close by sundown or earlier. You can definately get good shots in the daytime as well, but dusk or later seems to be more productive. I have my theory but won't go into it in this thread.

I know, your husband is the "show me" type. I was the same way until I went out and we got those first two photos you see in the album. After that, I was convinced there is something "beyond".

Barry

I would if I could Barry......in a heart beat lol. Yep I know they do. This is a predominately indian area and I'm sure I could get some cool photos in many places besides the cemeteries. We have access to some really old areas on some rivers and I'm sure we could probably get some good photos. I'll have to try it the next time I go fishing there.........I have to go at night since I'm allergic to the sun. Worth a try anyway.

Christina